www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Highpeak Plug-Ins > Blue Iris Plug-In

Blue Iris Plug-In Forum for discussions related to the Blue Iris Plug-In by Highpeak Software.

Old September 27th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Seer Deluxe

Question BI PI Disappeared on update to 3.1.1.24385

A couple of days ago I triggered the update to 3.1.1.24385 from a previous (recent) version and after confirming a successful install the BI PI no longer appears in the Manage PI list, nor does it appear in the PI drop down list.

I tried re-installing a couple of times and still get the successful install message but no PI.

I noticed a forum thread regarding a .DLL file issue but am unclear as to whether this is my problem. If it is, could someone summarize the proper fix?

Also, this error appeared once when I first updated: (2) Unable to initialize interface Blue-Iris :Either no license or trial has expired ...and yes I have a license.

Here's my current setup:
Current Date/Time: 9/27/2017 10:15:40 AM
HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
System Uptime: 1 Day 12 Hours 1 Minute 4 Seconds
IP Address: 192.168.2.111
Number of Devices: 471
Number of Events: 148
Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
3.2.0.5: APCUPSD
2.0.58.0: BLDSC
2.0.11.0: BLiTunes
2.0.3.0: BLMarantz
1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
1.2.0.0: Device History
3.0.1.10: HCS2
3.0.6.0: Insteon
3.0.1.90: PHLocation
3.0.0.73: weatherXML
3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Thanks for any help!

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368/ Shuttle XS36VL Atom PC - Win 7 Pro 32 / HCSII / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100
Plug-Ins: APCUPSD / BLDSC / BLiTunes / BlueIris / BLMarantz / BLShutdown / Device History / HCS2 / HSTouch / Insteon / Jon00 Network Monitor / Jon00 DB Charting / PHLocation / WeatherXML / Z-Wave
Old September 27th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Super Seer

Sometime HS3 gets it’s panties in a bunch about the license file. I’ve had it with a number of plugins. Can you try:

1 disable the plugin
2 restart HS3
3 re-install the plugin from the updater
4 start the plugin

Let me know if that works, if not we may need to get in touch with HST for some help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paradox (Beta) Plugin
Modbus Plugin
Yamaha Plugin
Old September 27th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerygaz View Post
Sometime HS3 gets it’s panties in a bunch about the license file. I’ve had it with a number of plugins. Can you try:

1 disable the plugin
2 restart HS3
3 re-install the plugin from the updater
4 start the plugin
I cannot disable (or enable) the BI PI because it no longer appears as an installed PI ...even though subsequent reinstalls confirm success. I don't think the problem is really related to the license file.
Old September 27th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Super Seer

Is there an HSPI_BI.EXE file in the HS3 root folder?

Are you seeing any other BI plugin related errors in the HS3 log other than the license/trial expired issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 27th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Is there an HSPI_BI.EXE file in the HS3 root folder?

Are you seeing any other BI plugin related errors in the HS3 log other than the license/trial expired issue?
k
Yes, HSPI_BI.EXE (date 9/20/17) is there but not running. If I try to start it I get a DOS dialogue box error saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and shuts down.

No, no other BI related errors since the time I did the update (9/25/17) probably because it hasn't run at all since the update.

UPDATE: I just did another restart a moment ago and all of sudden the BI PI suddenly reappeared fully licensed! Weird but can't figure out what might have caused this.

Last edited by CeeTee; September 27th, 2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old September 27th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Super Seer

I'm able to re-create the problem, I'm looking into a fix for you now.

-- Edit --

I was only able to re-create the problem when the plugin license had expired. Once I re-licensed the plugin it came back working fine.

I think your issue was similar, that the license file somehow was an issue and the restart allowed HS3 to re-check the licensing and confirm you have a licensed version. As I said earlier, I've had this issue before with HS3 getting confused about whether a PI is licensed or not and a re-start has solved it (or in one case, I had to restore the license file form a backup)

Either way, I'm glad it's working again.
Old September 27th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:

I think your issue was similar, that the license file somehow was an issue and the restart allowed HS3 to re-check the licensing and confirm you have a licensed version. As I said earlier, I've had this issue before with HS3 getting confused about whether a PI is licensed or not and a re-start has solved it (or in one case, I had to restore the license file form a backup)

Either way, I'm glad it's working again.
Your diagnostic makes perfect sense. I forgot to mention that a few moments before updating the BI PI I had updated HS3 to the current version and it has happened before that it "forgets" all licenses.

Thanks for the quick responses!