Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Homeseeer server down at the moment ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    I checked all the servers and the logs and could not see anything obvious. I restarted the service on the connection server. Let me know if anyone is still seeing an issue.
    As mentioned above, all is well now. Symptoms were...
    Alexa Basic commands resulted in "I'm having trouble reaching "xxx". Device page on Amazon showed all devices os "Offline".

HSTouch returned "Unable to Connect"

What I did find interesting was that events could be triggered via the Alexa -> IFTTT->HomeSeer. Not sure how the communications differ between Alexa and HS VS IFTTT and HS. But am mentioning it in case it helps.

Comment

Very odd for sure as IFTTT and Alexa use the same method for communications. Did you happen to try to log into your system from myhs.homeseer.com? Did that work?

Originally posted by JMarias View Post
      As mentioned above, all is well now. Symptoms were...
      Alexa Basic commands resulted in "I'm having trouble reaching "xxx". Device page on Amazon showed all devices os "Offline".

HSTouch returned "Unable to Connect"

What I did find interesting was that events could be triggered via the Alexa -> IFTTT->HomeSeer. Not sure how the communications differ between Alexa and HS VS IFTTT and HS. But am mentioning it in case it helps.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

In my case, myhs.homeseer.com remote access was working, but alexa voice commands resulted in the error.

As of last night, everything is working again.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Very odd for sure as IFTTT and Alexa use the same method for communications. Did you happen to try to log into your system from myhs.homeseer.com? Did that work?
          If this helps any.... my Alexa stopped working... at least partially. Some events wouldn't work at all, for example, "Alexa, turn on the fan" returned an error something to the effect that the device wasn't responding." Alexa, Tell Homeseer to turn on the fan," also, failed.

However, another device failed with "Alexa, turn on the light," but worked with "Alexa, Tell Homeseer to turn on the light."

I "fixed" the issue with a network wide reboot. My suspicion is that this problem either was an Amazon update and/or related to an HS3 update.
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
          X