Z-Wave Receptacles stop communicating after power failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Receptacles stop communicating after power failure

We lost power for about 10 minutes yesterday, but long enough for the generator to spin up. Afterwards, none of my 3 Z-wave receptacles (Enerwave ZW15R) were communicating. Generator power isn't the cleanest, but is it likely to be the cause of these devices falling off? If so, could someone recommend a better brand?

How often do you loose power? Wouldn't it be easier to simply trip the breaker on these devices once the power is restored?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      How often do you loose power? Wouldn't it be easier to simply trip the breaker on these devices once the power is restored?
      We don't lose* power often, but it's a pain to re-configure these devices when it happens. Pardon the ignorance, but what does tripping the breaker for those rooms have to do with this?

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
        We don't lose* power often, but it's a pain to re-configure these devices when it happens. Pardon the ignorance, but what does tripping the breaker for those rooms have to do with this?
        The hardware should not loose their settings due to a power outage and I'm wondering if the devices are in a bad state from the power drop. Once back on "regular" power tripping the breakers should reset the state of the switches. I see this from time to time when we loose power. A power breaker flip solves this issue.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          The hardware should not loose their settings due to a power outage and I'm wondering if the devices are in a bad state from the power drop. Once back on "regular" power tripping the breakers should reset the state of the switches. I see this from time to time when we loose power. A power breaker flip solves this issue.
          Cool theory. One came back, two did not. Usually they do not come back at all after we lose power.

Two of the receptacles are on the generator circuits and one is not. The one that came back is on a generator circuit, so of the two that are still failed, one is and one is not tied to generator.
          Last edited by phuz; April 10, 2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
            ....could someone recommend a better brand?
            I'm wondering the same...

What is a good brand for Z-Wave outlet? Preferably Z-Wave Plus.

Comment

Working...
            X