No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.425

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not posted any info on 427, but you can load it if you want, only the Linux version has been uploaded. Only change is some changes to the trial mode for new users. It is slated to be the next release. I would like to take a quick look at some of these crashes. Our support guys have not had any reports from users on a crash so the only reports I have seen are posted here.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Is .427 a Linux only beta?

dunno.

I was upgrading to V.426 early today and saw that V.427 was there so updated to V.427 on my Linux HS3 Pro / Lite machines.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Did you have a crash on the 426 build I posted?
      no still on 425 unsure where to find 426 sorry its been a while since i tinckered lol

Comment

426 for Windows is here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_426.msi

Originally posted by phillb View Post
        no still on 425 unsure where to find 426 sorry its been a while since i tinckered lol

Comment

@rjh

I'm fairly new to forums...Just did everything in the past to stay away from these. Now that I have to go through this with Homeseer, I need to catch up...

Not sure if you were talking to me or the other guys.

Anyway, assuming you were talking to me, yes it did crash multiple times with the 426.

And yes I could zip my HS3 folder and send to you tonight...Which email can you be reached at?

Also, it kept crashing with the browser closed. I will try to post my exact setup on the forum tonight...But I'm running HS3 Pro on one of your small pc. Windows is up to date. Only other software intalled is iTunes for a plugin (closed/disabled at the crash time) and team Viewer for remote access.

If you need more info/access, your friend Greg at support has my coordinates.

Comment

It will be ideal if I could get your HS3 folder. If you can put it on dropbox, that would be ideal, or Google Drive. The file is probably too large for email. You can PM me from the forum.

Originally posted by Simon View Post
            @rjh

I'm fairly new to forums...Just did everything in the past to stay away from these. Now that I have to go through this with Homeseer, I need to catch up...

Not sure if you were talking to me or the other guys.

Anyway, assuming you were talking to me, yes it did crash multiple times with the 426.

And yes I could zip my HS3 folder and send to you tonight...Which email can you be reached at?

Also, it kept crashing with the browser closed. I will try to post my exact setup on the forum tonight...But I'm running HS3 Pro on one of your small pc. Windows is up to date. Only other software intalled is iTunes for a plugin (closed/disabled at the crash time) and team Viewer for remote access.

If you need more info/access, your friend Greg at support has my coordinates.

Comment

Thank you will download and report

Comment

Comment

Can you zip up your HS3 folder and send it to me to test?

Comment

Like ajf, it seems more stable when all plugins are disbled but I haven't had a chance to validate my theory yet.

I'll let you know.

Comment

Can you zip up your HS3 folder and send it to me to test?

The whole folder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Rich,

Here running the S2 HS3 on a Pine64 2Gb ARM 64bit Ubuntu computer. When first time booting it to HS3 (since first run on the ARM 64 bit machine) it starts with a log in screen. I typically by pass the screen and do not see it anymore after first time boot. That said I tried to compile the password file and it doesn't work with the ARM 64 bit Ubuntu. To current date Homeseer 3 has run fine on any 32bit or 64 bit computer except for one - Pine64 2Gb ARM computer.

IE: password_check.c

gcc -Wall password_check.c /usr/lib/libcrypt.a -o check_passwd

gcc: error: /usr/lib/libcrypt.a: No such file or directory

Pine64:/HomeSeer# ls /usr/lib/libcryp*
                        /usr/lib/libcrypto++.a /usr/lib/libcryptopp.so /usr/lib/libcrypto++.so /usr/lib/libcrypto++.so.9.0.0
                        /usr/lib/libcryptopp.a /usr/lib/libcryptopp.so.9 /usr/lib/libcrypto++.so.9

The file is there on the wheezy, jessie and stretch versions of the RPi and Ubuntu 32/64 bit builds on the Intel / AMD computers.

Can I edit the settings.ini file such that it doesn't start Homeseer 3 this way?
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The entire folder will be ideal. But you can delete everything in the Logs folder, that may make it smaller. That way I can run a system identical to you.

Originally posted by ajf View Post
                          The whole folder?

Comment

The entire folder will be ideal. But you can delete everything in the Logs folder, that may make it smaller. That way I can run a system identical to you.

Its in your inbox

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              IE: password_check.c

gcc: error: /usr/lib/libcrypt.a: No such file or directory

Pine64:/HomeSeer# ls /usr/lib/libcryp*
                              /usr/lib/libcrypto++.a /usr/lib/libcryptopp.so /usr/lib/libcrypto++.so /usr/lib/libcrypto++.so.9.0.0
                              /usr/lib/libcryptopp.a /usr/lib/libcryptopp.so.9 /usr/lib/libcrypto++.so.9
                              You shouldn't need to specify the static library (*.a) that way on the gcc command line. What happens if you try compiling with

gcc -Wall password_check.c -o check_passwd

If that doesn't work, try

gcc -Wall password_check.c -o check_passwd -lcryptopp
                              or
                              gcc -Wall password_check.c -o check_passwd -lcrypto++

The latter two instruct the compiler to scan the libraries that you listed, and pull any needed functions from there.

Comment

Thank you David.

Note this is not crashing Homeseer. It would just be a nice to have working thing.

lsb_release -a
                                LSB Version: core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-arm64:core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-arm64:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch
                                Distributor ID: Ubuntu
                                Description: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
                                Release: 16.04
                                Codename: xenial

I have tried only the libcrypto++.a file only.

Do not think many folks are running 64bit Ubuntu on an ARM CPU.

Trying your examples as I type...

Code:
                                Pine64:/HomeSeer# gcc -Wall password_check.c -o check_passwd
                                /tmp/ccUU6EFz.o: In function `main':
                                password_check.c:(.text+0x60): undefined reference to `crypt'
                                collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Pine64:/HomeSeer# gcc -Wall password_check.c -o check_passwd -lcryptopp/tmp/ccKo4WRn.o: In function `main':

gcc -Wall password_check.c -o check_passwd -lcrypto++/tmp/cckWgAkU.o: In function `main':
                                Last edited by Pete; April 17, 2018, 05:19 PM.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X