Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to send SMS text message to my phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to send SMS text message to my phone?

I've used emails lots in events but never had the specific need to send a text message. Now I have a use case that needs to use a text message.

Some searches haven't found anything that addresses how to send from an event.

Can someone get me pointed in the right direction?

Thanks,

Robert

If you have verizon you can send it to... 1234567654@vtext.com I think att, sprint etc have similar type addresses for sending text to.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
      If you have verizon you can send it to... 1234567654@vtext.com I think att, sprint etc have similar type addresses for sending text to.

Replace 1234567654 with your 10 digit phone number. It works well with Verizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

T-Mobile is @tomomail.net

I believe at&t is @txt.att.net
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks all. I do know the service provider of those I need to send texts so this will work fine.

Thanks again.

Comment

Here are some plug-ins that send Txt messages to phones:
            BLGData - can hook into Google's Voice option.
            SMS-Gateway - Uses GSM phone of modem via a serial port

Script using Twillow.com (u pay for sms count)
            Non SMS Txt Options: (use app on phone)
            Pushover 3P (you can also specify a sound)

I am using he Pushover method.
            I have tried the BLGData plug-in. It does work also.

Comment

Btw. The email to Txt services that are out there can/could be 'flaky'. Including the ones provided by the carriers. I had cases where txt messages finally appeared on the phone hours later.

This is based on MY past experience. Hopefully the Service providers have improved their services and/or priorities.

Comment

+1 for BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
                  Replace 1234567654 with your 10 digit phone number. It works well with Verizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Can I initiate a text from several points on the HS3 in order to receive different messages for different alerts?

Comment

write an individual event for each action you want to email you and customize the subject and message for each alert

Comment

Originally posted by CaballoRanch View Post
                      Can I initiate a text from several points on the HS3 in order to receive different messages for different alerts?
                      I have a simple script that sends a text message to my phone. The "body" of the message is a time stamp. The subject of the message is whatever I put in the 'parameters field' of the script call. The screen shot below is the event that sends me a message whenever HS restarts. I typically get the message within a few seconds of it being sent.
                      Code:
                      Public Sub Main(ByVal strSubject As String)

Dim strFrom As String = "_______@gmail.com"
                              Dim strTo1 As String = "________@tmomail.net"

Dim strMessage As String = "$time $date"

hs.SendEmail(strTo1, strFrom, "", "", strSubject, strMessage, "")

End Sub
                      Attached Files
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Alltel: @message.alltel.com (or @mms.alltelwireless.com for picture messages)
                        AT&T: @text.att.net.
                        Sprint: @messaging.sprintpcs.com.
                        T-Mobile: @tmomail.net.
                        Verizon: @vtext.com (or @vzwpix.com for photos and video)
                        Google Fi @msg.fi.google.com

Comment

I also have a script/event that reads my home IP and sends it to me in a text. This way if the address changes through my provider I can always get back to it. Plus you know that the system is working.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            I have a simple script that sends a text message to my phone. The "body" of the message is a time stamp. The subject of the message is whatever I put in the 'parameters field' of the script call. The screen shot below is the event that sends me a message whenever HS restarts. I typically get the message within a few seconds of it being sent.
                            Code:
                            Public Sub Main(ByVal strSubject As String)

Dim strFrom As String = "_______@gmail.com"
                                    Dim strTo1 As String = "________@tmomail.net"

Dim strMessage As String = "$time $date"

hs.SendEmail(strTo1, strFrom, "", "", strSubject, strMessage, "")

End Sub
                            Michael, I have never done a script before so I will ask a dumb question. What goes in place of the line in front of @tmomail.net. Of course I had to change mine to @txt.att.net but I still don't know what goes there. I am pretty sure that my email in HS is the one to use for FROM. Thanks

EDIT: Dah, My 10-digit phone number thanks anyway

Comment

SMS Gateway is very good - no waiting for email to SMS conversions etc.. and two way, so you can trigger events by SMS. You can use a normal USB 3/4G modem rather than faff about with serial.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X