www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Blade Plug-Ins > BLRoombaWifi (3P)

BLRoombaWifi (3P) Discussion of BLRoombaWifi plug-in

Old March 17th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Seer Deluxe

980 losing connection

Hi,

I've been using the plugin for quite some time now with my 980 but since the last update (read: not exactly sure when it started but I suspect it has to do with an update) HS loses connectivity with the robot every other day. There's no error messages or anything. There's just no connection anymore. A stop/start of the plugin typically solves the issue.

Cheers,
Alex
Old March 26th, 2018, 03:37 AM
Seer

Hi,

I can confirm the issue. No contact with the Roomba 980 after a day or two.

Roomba fw: v2.4.4-4

Restarting the plugin fixes the connectivity issue.

Regards,
Christian
Old March 28th, 2018, 08:05 AM
Seer Deluxe

I'm actually on an older firmware: v2.2.11-4

Time for an update as it seems

Alex
Old April 19th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Seer Master

Blade, I too seem to suffer from No contact with the Roomba 980 after a day or two via the HS PI. The app seems to be able to connect. Do you confirm the same and what is the fix. Mike

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.
Old April 20th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Seer Master

I noticed that I can no longer get the Roomba PI to communicate with either Roomba. I'm able to communicate and command both Roomba's via app and confirmed that they are on the same IP's (I had set them to a static address to avoid IP issues) I've even went so far as to delete all of the virtual devices for both cleaners and allow the PI to re-establish the VD which it did but I do not see any further updates other than creation timestamps. I tried to disable and re enable the PI with no success. Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to get the PI to manually refresh the VD? Mike
Old April 20th, 2018, 03:39 PM
OverSeer

I am not seeing this on my end. Mine seems to stay connected
I did have an issue about a month ago but for some reason my password changed on the roomba so I had to use dorita980 again to get the new password and then I was up and running
Old April 20th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I am not seeing this on my end. Mine seems to stay connected
I did have an issue about a month ago but for some reason my password changed on the roomba so I had to use dorita980 again to get the new password and then I was up and running
Maybe I might be experiencing the same (password changed)? Why would the password change, who controls it as I do not see the same within the IOS app? Mike
Old April 20th, 2018, 04:40 PM
OverSeer

Not sure why mine changed but it sure did
When I ran dorita980 it was different
Old April 20th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Seer Master

Bob, I've confirmed that one of my 980 password changed whilst the other did not. The other thing that I noticed is that when I attempted to change the passwords within the BLRoomba PI, I was unable to get the expanded entry field to pop-up it did it for the other field so.. I deleted the both devices and re-added them which allowed me once again to enter the updated passwords, not sure why that happen but re-adding once again gave me PI connected Roombas.

Whilst I was using Dorita980 code I notice that once of my 980 passwords format was "XzI1iEAPo4gx3FXf" while the other was formatted as ":1:1524242635:kX8DLF1IcH3QEIcX" not sure why, both have been updated to the latest firmware levels not sure why the difference?

As I do not use Dorita980 that often, I decided to document the process for Windows users to make it a little more comprehensive, by all means please update with improvements as needed;

1. For Window’s users you can run dorita980 code via the following steps using the “Node.js” desktop app from Microsoft Store. Install “Node.js” (note it also installs “npm”)
2. On the windows command line (lower left on task bar) enter “Terminal” and select “Command Prompt”. A “Command Prompt” window will open
3. Type “npm install dorita980 -g”, and enter. Npm will download and enter dorita980 and its associated subdirectories/files. I had to look for it as it installed it in my default user id subdirectory.
4. If this occurs then simply open your file explorer to “c:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\” and move/copy your newly created dorita980 subdirectories under the “node_modules” subdirectory.
5. At the “Command Prompt” screen (if its not there simply do step #2 again and it will open). Type "CD C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980”, verify that you have moved to “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>” subdirectory.
6. In the “Command Prompt” screen Type “node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.0.XXX”, and enter.
7. The following prompts should be displayed:
Code:
Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). 
Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones 
(about 2 seconds). 
Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
Then press any key here...

Robot Data:
{ ver: '3',
  hostname: 'Roomba-99999999999999',
  robotname: 'Roomba',
  ip: '192.168.0.XXX',
  mac: 'F0:03:8C:XX:4E:XX',
  sw: 'v2.4.4-4',
  sku: 'R98----',
  nc: 0,
  proto: 'mqtt',
  cap:
   { pose: 1,
     ota: 2,
     multiPass: 2,
     carpetBoost: 1,
     pp: 1,
     binFullDetect: 1,
     langOta: 1,
     maps: 1,
     edge: 1,
     eco: 1,
     svcConf: 1 },
  blid: '99999999999999' }
Password=> :X:XXXXXXXXXX:ABCDEfghiJKL1234 <= Yes, all this string.
Use this credential in dorita980 lib :)

C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>
8. Capture the Blid and Password values to be enter within the BLRoomba Plugin.

Last edited by MNB; April 21st, 2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old April 24th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Seer Deluxe

Just to follow up with my original question: my password hasn't changed as a restart of the plugin always solves the issue. I've also not seen it disconnect for a few weeks now. No idea what this was and if it will come back, but right now things are fine.

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by akurz View Post
Hi,

I've been using the plugin for quite some time now with my 980 but since the last update (read: not exactly sure when it started but I suspect it has to do with an update) HS loses connectivity with the robot every other day. There's no error messages or anything. There's just no connection anymore. A stop/start of the plugin typically solves the issue.

Cheers,
Alex
Old April 24th, 2018, 06:52 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by akurz View Post
Just to follow up with my original question: my password hasn't changed as a restart of the plugin always solves the issue. I've also not seen it disconnect for a few weeks now. No idea what this was and if it will come back, but right now things are fine.

Alex
Alex, per chance have you updated to the latest HS3 version .435? I found (knock on wood) that I seem to have a fairly consistent connection (I also use UltraMon3 PI to monitor both of my 980 IP's) I can see that their status is "Online". The reason I make mention is if you have a Wi-Fi dead zones or weak reception then I would expect HS3 BLRoombaWifi PI to disconnect giving you sporadic connections, I'm not sure if the PI is constantly looking for your IP after it loses communications with? (Bob can you provide your expertise and advise?) Mike

Last edited by MNB; April 25th, 2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 09:06 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB View Post
Alex, per chance have you updated to the latest HS3 version .435? I found (knock on wood) that I seem to have a fairly consistent connection (I also use UltraMon3 PI to monitor both of my 980 IP's) I can see that their status is "Online". The reason I make mention is if you have a Wi-Fi dead zones or weak reception then I would expect HS3 BLRoombaWifi PI to disconnect giving you sporadic connections, I'm not sure if the PI is constantly looking for your IP after it loses communications with? (Bob can you provide your expertise and advise?) Mike
Hi MNB,

Yes I have indeed and I didnt have any issues recently (knocking on wood too). Unfortunately after another update my Roomba disappeared from my config.. I'm currently restoring a backup and hoping for the best...

Alex