X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, sounds good.

Steve Q
    Attached Files
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I fixed the 3.3.0.2 to be 3.3.0.0 in the updater. I will be around today and be gone most of tomorrow.

Comment

FYI, I just added another Sonoff (sonoff9) to my setup. The plugin created a new device. It works exactly as it should. It took about 3 minutes. I did not even open the manual page. Trying to edit the devices created by version 3.2.9 was just wrong on my part!

Steve Q
        Attached Files
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Good your new one works as expected. I have taken effort to maintain upward compatibility with the only time I have intentionally not done this is 3.2 to 3.3 by removing special cases for publish.

We can still get your existing devices to work without doing any Device Management edits if you wish to try.

Comment

Comment

What do you mean by Device would not control Sonoff? Was no message being published? Was the wrong payload in the message? What were you trying to do with HS3 Device Management? As stated before the edits need to be done in mcsMQTT otherwise it will not be synchronized and wrong results will occur.

Everything within mcsMQTT is case sensitive. Characters can be mixture of upper and lower case, but need to be consistent. If subscribed to xyz/light then if xyz/Light is received it will look like a new subscription. The same is true with Mosquitto.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I expect the VSP values to show up on the Manual tab when Button is the option. As a minimum a text box should exist to enter the VSPs manually. I will look into this. It may also be helpful to have your Data\msMQTT\mcsMQTT.db to know exactly what the the plugin is using.

Looking at it again I see that you do not have any publish topics entered. You only have a subscribe topic. This means mcsMQTT does not attempt to generate HS control buttons because only inbound definition has been setup. For Sonoff it is normally cmnd/x/y needed to control end point y.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    Looking at it again I see that you do not have any publish topics entered. You only have a subscribe topic. This means mcsMQTT does not attempt to generate HS control buttons because only inbound definition has been setup. For Sonoff it is normally cmnd/x/y needed to control end point y.
                    I’m confused.
                    See below.

Note, these entries on the manual page were created by the plugin, not me. And they are identical to those from other Sonoff devices which are working properly.

I wii send you the database.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Steve Q,
                      Did you enable to allow outbound mqtt messages on the main set up web page?

sorry the image is not in the manual.

Eman.
                      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Sorry, I don’t see any setting about out bound MQTT messages on the plugin general settings page. The plugin is sending commands. MQTTool is getting messages from HS3/mcsMQTT.

Steve

Comment

I do not recall any setting to enable outbound messages. Each Device has a inbound subscription that causes a Device String or Device Value to be updated. Optionally this same Device can have a outbound publish. If it is a mcsMQTT Device then a UI is setup for Button, Number, Text or List. If it is a Device that is not owned by mcsMQTT then a Device Value or Device String change will cause a publish action. In both cases mcsMQTT Device and non-mcsMQTT Device the user needs to define a Topic to be published. They also have a Payload template to specify what should be publish if something other than the default is desired.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            I do not recall any setting to enable outbound messages. Each Device has a inbound subscription that causes a Device String or Device Value to be updated. Optionally this same Device can have a outbound publish. If it is a mcsMQTT Device then a UI is setup for Button, Number, Text or List. If it is a Device that is not owned by mcsMQTT then a Device Value or Device String change will cause a publish action. In both cases mcsMQTT Device and non-mcsMQTT Device the user needs to define a Topic to be published. They also have a Payload template to specify what should be publish if something other than the default is desired.
                            Then that explains what he didn't do. It's far too many configurations ( manual) that if there is no visible tool tip in user manual and / or missing images in the user manual to compare with what one see the screen during set up a lot us remain challenged! Otherwise the plugin is tremendously incredible!.

Eman
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I see you do have published topic as you pointed out. When I do a test case and when I look at the source code I see the only time when Manual tab VSP is blank is when numbers have been received in the payload. If I 'A'ccept a device which is the SSID of one of the Sonoff units the plugin selects Text as the Control/Status type. It list one VSP line followed by a text box line. I can manually change it to Button and then it automatically adds a VSP device which is the same as the first one preceded by 'Not ' so there will be two states defined for the button.

Your screenshots have also shown that the published message is "Not". This implies to me that the VSP at the time Button was selected had a blank entry and the "Not" likely added to to create a pair. It does not explain, however, why the VSP row does not have a text box to manually enter or edit the VSPs.

When I delete the VSP entries from the database on this SSID device then the Manual tab shows just the text box as it should. Image attached.

I have encountered a problem with HS3 where it remembers previously defined VSP entries after they have been deleted. This made it impossible to go from Button or List to Text because HS3 would remember the deleted VSP and use DeviceValue rather than DeviceString to manage the text. I do not think this is your situation, but I cannot explain why you do not have entries on the VSP row. I would like to see you database to know with what the plugin is working.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Michael McSharry; April 27, 2018, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X