Hoping for an Update on some features / plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping for an Update on some features / plugins

Have been on HS3 for a while. Had all of the following working well in HS2 and was hoping to get a status update so I can get it working in HS3....

1. Rain Relay 8: really need to get my sprinklers running through HS again, is this plugin still broken? (last I checked, it would not control more than 1 module).

2. Control of Z-Wave Thermostats: Can you increment a heat or cool setpoint by 1 degree from an event or HS touch? I don't have any options for this since moving to HS3.

3. MediaPlayer control, could control my music from HStouch, is MediaPlayer for HS3 coming?

4. I think I have given up on this one, but Russound? Gone for good?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight from anyone.

I can answer number 3. HST dumped Media Player into the opensource world. That didn't work. The good news is that Blade's media player plugin works in HSTouch.

Barry

Comment

HST is not going to be making a Russound plugin. The HS2 one was made by a 3rd party. The good news is that Blades Russound plugin is pretty good and it integrates quite nicely with his other plugins like BLMediaPlayer and BLSpeech.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Relating to irrigation here still utilizing two Rain8Nets which originally where serially connected to Homeseer via a very long cat5e cable and mcsSprinklers. Worked fine for many years. Went to putting an Arm based computer in the Rainbird box with a very short 2" serial port connection to two WGL Rain8Net controllers. This is POE connected Arm based computer (tiny) and runs mcsSprinklers remotely from HS. Easy to do nowadays. Here also installed a dedicated 8" capacitance screen irrigation console (many many years ago) above the Rainbird box housing the doo whats for local control of the software in firmware controller. I could get rid of the tiny computer in the Rainbird box and just utilize the tiny computer powering up the capacitance screen for another solution these days. The base of having a multizone sprinkler solenoid manifold and wires to said outdoor control of water switches (well solenoids) hasn't changed much over the years; well unless you want to do wireless control. You still need to power up the solenoids anyways. Here only have 10 zones configured but did run wires for some 25 zones of control many many years ago. I have though added more automation widgets to irrigation control over the years; IE: water flow measurements, water pressure and digital control of the main water feed to the irrigation manifold(s).

Personally (my opinion) if using software as a timer for irrigation; then you might as well leave the typical vendor supplied irrigation controller. It will do fine in this manner.

Here split my legacy Russound Zoned amps serial port using a micro terminal serial server and it works fine with Homeseer 2 (similarly HS3).

Russound zoned paired amps control via:

1 - Russound Keypads with single cat5e connectivity (fastest control)
        2 - Leviton OmniPro Omnitouch 5.7 / 5.7e touchscreens via serial port connectivity (slower control)
        3 - Homeseer serial port transport to Russound Zoned amps providing Homeseer console control.

Many Homeseer folks have integrated a Sonos mothership (box) and Homeseer software with their Russound Zoned Amps (wired speakers) and are doing well for Media Player control. Here also utilize an old Squeezebox server running on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit / Homeseer HS touch clients remotely controlled by Homeseer; works fine for me. You can also do a mini micro Squeezeplayer running just software with audio outputs controlled by the mothership / Homeseer touch clients.

Personally here have stayed with a serially connected Leviton HAI Omnistat2. The thermostat is a bit retro looking well in a different way but similiar to the retro looking Nest thermostat. I mean there were already wires running to the furnace from the thermostat such that I added another set for serial control. The "smart thermostat" device is also sold using wireless methodologies of transport. What I personally like about the thermostat is that it features local remote temperature sensors and connectivity to local / remote temperature and humidity sensors and integrates well with a zoned system. Note this is my opinion about it. I am using second generation of said manufactured thermostat today. Here is a picture of a more modern thermostat which would can or may be able to be utilized sometime in the near future. This one has an EU look rather than an antiquated thermostat retro look. Ideally you never see anything on the screen. (IE: my thermostat today wakes up when I walk up to it). Note that the pictured thermostat is reasonably priced at around $129 USD. Geez with Homeseer 3 touch you can do away with the thermostat on the wall and just use a Homeseer 3 touchscreen client totally configured for whatever you want it to look like. I do not remote control my thermostat with my phone (I can though) nor change the settings much (I can though) as it runs / works efficiently just fine without me having to look see how its doing; note this is regarding my stuff here. My thermostat is just a machine; not an attempt at a work of art. I have pictures / art mostly hung on my walls that I prefer to look at.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete; April 28, 2015, 09:31 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by ccat View Post
          Have been on HS3 for a while. Had all of the following working well in HS2 and was hoping to get a status update so I can get it working in HS3....

2. Control of Z-Wave Thermostats: Can you increment a heat or cool setpoint by 1 degree from an event or HS touch? I don't have any options for this since moving to HS3.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight from anyone.
          You've gotten answers on 3 and 4 and I have no idea about the status of Rain Relay 8.

HSTouch has been able to increment or decrement setpoints by 1 degree or set to specific setpoint for quite a while, There is no event action to change a setpoint by 1 degree, the only option within an event is to set a specific setpoint.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback guys,

Sounds like rain relay 8 is still broken, Media Player and Russound won't happen from Homeseer, but the thermostat problem that I have should work....

I've been using the Russound plugin from Blade and it covers the basic needs, just not as full featured as my old HS2 Russound plugin.

Thermostat, I have no Thermostat Action Types in HS touch which is where I would expect the option to change the setpoint by 1 degree to show up. Maybe my thermostats did not get setup properly when they were created in HS. I'll have to work on this one if the feature is actually supposed to exist in HS3.

Comment

Pete,

Thanks for your feedback, I'm going to look into the Leviton HAI Omnistat2, if I can't get my current z-wave stats working again. I have basic control of them in HS, but not in HS touch. I like the addition of remote temp sensors.

I have to get my irrigation working with Homeseer again, I make a lot of irrigation decisions about using city water vs lake water based on lake level, rain, temp, wind, etc.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X