Convectair Adopting Z-Wave!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convectair Adopting Z-Wave!

Convectair is adopting the Z-Wave standard for their convection heaters.

Convectair make and sell really good convection, and other types of heating panels for residential and commercial use. The units are available in Canada and in some parts of the U.S. Contrary to baseboard heaters, these units use height to create a forced (convected) airflow and they are controlled by onboard electronic thermostats that pulse the current. This provides for an even, soft heat that spreads much more efficiently throughout a room.

I use these throughout my house but was frustrated that the only way I could control them was by using something like a Stelpro thermostat and bypassing the onboard thermostat.

The neat part is that their convection units accept an optional "control cassette" which until now had its own proprietary communication system. They will soon start offering the cassettes with Z-Wave; this means that units which accept cassettes can be retrofitted for Z-Wave control.
    Regards,
    Chris
    HS4 Pro 4.2.18.3 Shuttle DL10J - Celeron - 8g Ram - 250g SSD / Win 10 Pro 64 / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 542 devises & 164 events
    Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.58 / APCUPSD 3.3.2.3 / BLDSC 2.0.68.0 / BLMarantz 2.0.6.0 / BLShutdown 1.0.4.0 / Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206 / Device History 3.1.3.0 / HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1 / Insteon 3.0.7.2 / weatherXML 3.0.11.13 / Z-Wave 3.0.10.0 / Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0
Working...
X