www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Old April 11th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Super Seer

Quick Wins....

Starting this afresh from outside Sirmeili's MeiHarmonyHub forum

Here's the first suggestion for a quick win:

Longitutde is incorrectly signed in the main HS setup, leaving much confusion, especially around Sunrise/Sunset and why weather is so off from the observations outside the window.
I have answered this several times on the forum; Rupp must be answering it the most; CFGuy and Sooty each have to explain that their plugins do it correctly and that the main HS config is incorrect. There must be dozens of stale bugzillas on this and your support team must take frequent calls on it.

A one-time fix at a specific release could make this all go away once and for all.

Other folks, chime in with a few other quick wins and let's see if this goes anywhere.
Old April 11th, 2018, 01:43 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeryfool View Post
Starting this afresh from outside Sirmeili's MeiHarmonyHub forum

Here's the first suggestion for a quick win:

Longitutde is incorrectly signed in the main HS setup, leaving much confusion, especially around Sunrise/Sunset and why weather is so off from the observations outside the window.
I have answered this several times on the forum; Rupp must be answering it the most; CFGuy and Sooty each have to explain that their plugins do it correctly and that the main HS config is incorrect. There must be dozens of stale bugzillas on this and your support team must take frequent calls on it.

A one-time fix at a specific release could make this all go away once and for all.

Other folks, chime in with a few other quick wins and let's see if this goes anywhere.
I agree on this one. Please put in a help desk ticket on this support@homeseer.com as this needs to get fixed.
Old April 11th, 2018, 08:39 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
I agree on this one. Please put in a help desk ticket on this support@homeseer.com as this needs to get fixed.
Humouring you on the Help Desk ticket - "Your conversation number is: 19793". Can you please try and get this quick win prioritised and done, once and for all?
Old April 24th, 2018, 11:46 PM
OverSeer

1. Prevent deletion of triggers in events. Doing so corrupts the event in ways that cannot always be seen.
  2. Make honoring the other Event's Condition when running another Event the default, instead of requiring user to specifically ask they be honored.
Both of these will mitigate a tremendous amount of confusion/problems for users.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old April 25th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
  1. Prevent deletion of triggers in events. Doing so corrupts the event in ways that cannot always be seen.
  2. Make honoring the other Event's Condition when running another Event the default, instead of requiring user to specifically ask they be honored.
Both of these will mitigate a tremendous amount of confusion/problems for users.

+1 for each
Old April 25th, 2018, 07:57 AM
Seer Master

Longitude was just fixed in .435!
Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.
Old April 25th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidfo View Post
Longitude was just fixed in .435!

Yes!
Old April 25th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Super Seer

We need more Quick Wins
Old April 25th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmeili View Post
We need more Quick Wins

List some out Frank!
Old April 25th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeryfool View Post
List some out Frank!
I'd love to, but work has been such hell recently (people leaving, the rest forced to pick up the slack) that I haven't been playing with the HA system much recently. I've been doing all I can to get free time to support the few plugins I have out there.

I will think it though though. I know there are some minor things that bother me, but the biggest is documentation. I know there is a Wiki initiative out there that Colin is working on, but not sure how that's going. Documentation however isn't a quick fix.
Old April 26th, 2018, 02:11 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post

Make honoring the other Event's Condition when running another Event the default, instead of requiring user to specifically ask they be honored.
+1
This was a source of confusion in HS2.

In HS3 it is even less intuitive than it was then, and continues to generate needless confusion.
At least, could there be an option in Setup?

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10:
Compose, XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Old April 26th, 2018, 02:41 PM
OverSeer

An overload to hs.triggerevent or additional scripting command to evaluate the conditions of an event would be handy also.
Old April 26th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmeili View Post
I'd love to, but work has been such hell recently (people leaving, the rest forced to pick up the slack) that I haven't been playing with the HA system much recently. I've been doing all I can to get free time to support the few plugins I have out there.

I will think it though though. I know there are some minor things that bother me, but the biggest is documentation. I know there is a Wiki initiative out there that Colin is working on, but not sure how that's going. Documentation however isn't a quick fix.
Anyone know the current status of the Wiki?
Old April 27th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Seer Deluxe

Wiki Involvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeubanks View Post
Anyone know the current status of the Wiki?
More importantly with that subject, how many would be willing to help generate content? The power of a wiki is in the community involvement. I know I am more than happy to add content and even, after working on a couple corporate wikis, insight and assistance on organization.

Karl
54 Z-Wave Nodes
37 Events
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
Google Home: 3 Mini units
Old April 27th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksum View Post
More importantly with that subject, how many would be willing to help generate content? The power of a wiki is in the community involvement. I know I am more than happy to add content and even, after working on a couple corporate wikis, insight and assistance on organization.

Karl
I'm new to HS but not to automation whether it be home or work. I don't mind helping where I can, and sometimes a fresh view provides the insight new users need.