Custom RGB in Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom RGB in Events

I've searched and found several posts related to this but no answer. I'm using the web interface to edit events "/Events"

I have Z-Wave RGB bulbs, Zipato and Aeotec and I'd like to set the "Custom RGB" property of this using... anything from the UI really.

When editing an event I select "Control a Device" and then "Node 16 Z-Wave Custom RGB" I'm presented with a drop down box to the right. If I open up the drop down box I have the first empty entry and then many "Custom Color" entries, all identical.

There's no color picker and no way to enter my own RGB value (as hex, decimal or discrete RGB).

When I manually run the event, no matter what "Custom Color" entry I pick the color remains the same. So this appears to be broken on several levels.

I've seen questions about this for years and have never seen an answer. People appear to resort to using scripts or setting each color channel individually.

The "/deviceutility" web page displays a working color picker for the channel, sets the property on the device and the bulb's color changes.

Has anyone successfully changed the "Custom RGB" property of a color device from an event using the web interface? If so, how?

It should work (as in you get a colour picker in the event) and did work at some time however at some point it broke, I did post in one of the beta threads hoping that it would catch Rich's eye but it does not appear that I was able to. I was a bit mindful that it may be my implementation of the settings as they are in my own plugin and wanted confirmation of that but this is the first I've seen another mention of it - I posted here - https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...postcount=1217

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      It should work (as in you get a colour picker in the event) and did work at some time however at some point it broke, I did post in one of the beta threads hoping that it would catch Rich's eye but it does not appear that I was able to. I was a bit mindful that it may be my implementation of the settings as they are in my own plugin and wanted confirmation of that but this is the first I've seen another mention of it - I posted here - https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...postcount=1217

I've found that this was broken in several searches for a long time.

Mind filing a bug? Since you're a homeseer developer I assume you have a bugzilla account and could file a better bug report than I could.

Would appreciate if you posted the bug number/link so we could track it here too.

Comment

Originally posted by enableadvanced View Post
        I've found that this was broken in several searches for a long time.

Mind filing a bug? Since you're a homeseer developer I assume you have a bugzilla account and could file a better bug report than I could.

Would appreciate if you posted the bug number/link so we could track it here too.
        I did have a Bugzilla account but I have to be honest it is a waste of time posting it in there, the bugs have not been touched for years. The best/only option I have found is to catch the eye of Rich in one of the beta threads. I've posted it here again in hope - https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=195145&page=4

Comment

@enableadvanced - I'd like this to work also. There is a new beta out of the plugin and it seem that doesnt change anything - color picker still missing.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          I did have a Bugzilla account but I have to be honest it is a waste of time posting it in there, the bugs have not been touched for years. The best/only option I have found is to catch the eye of Rich in one of the beta threads. I've posted it here again in hope - https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=195145&page=4

... that comment speaks volumes.

Comment

Working...
          X