X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPandora (Pandora player for HomeSeer)

Plugin is no longer for sale. Thanks to those who tried though
    Last edited by bmxtreme; March 12, 2013, 06:16 PM.

Sorry, but the plugin does not seem to function. Will not allow login using Pandora credentials. Have tried with and without "Pandora One" box checked. Looks like bug reporting is on a separate site, which is not common for HS plugin.

All - does anyone else have this working?
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

not working for me either

Just tried the plug-in and no luck for me either. Seems to accept Pandora log-in but no status on the player in HS.

Comment

Bump - Is this plugin active / supported?

Bump...
        Madcodger

Comment

Pandora One not working

tried reloading the plugin several times. finally got it to work with the default settings. cannot get my Pandora one to connect so you cannot get stations.
          Looks like a plugin I would buy if it worked.

Comment

Is this supported? Would love for it to work, always wanted a pandora interface. No workie for me.
            HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Hi guys, sorry, didn't check the forum for a while.
              I am planning to ditch this plugin and get it removed from the HS store since it's a liability rather than anything.

It has been working really well for me at least and the most common issues I am seeing are users running on a HomeSeer box with least privilidges, which is a the default windows setup. Since the plugin is running an external process for audio, most time it is treated as an attack. Same with if you have an anti virus or firewall installed.

My HomeSeer box is running as "Administrator".
              - Run "net user administrator /active:yes" and you will see the built-in administrator account.

Issues with login:
              - Are you a PandoraOne user or regular user?
              - After you changed your password via UI, can you check to see if your credentials are set in the file: hspandora.cfg?

BTW, there is a Pandora bug that I have yet to be able to solve. Pandora will say it's streaming, but it's actually not. When this happen, in most cases it will indicate the song is 42 seconds long. Pandora also discourages direct access to their streams since that takes away a lot of their Ads revenue.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will get HS to remove this plugin from their store ASAP until I can have time to build everything into a single DLL that will run inprocess with HomeSeer.

Comment

Thanks, BMXTREME. If you decide to develop further I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount for a working Pandora plugin for HS.
                Madcodger

Comment

Same Here. Been waiting for someone to make this work.

Plugin installed, is logging in to Pandora, and Is getting my "stations", allows me to change stations. But seems to stay in a "Paused" state, not actually playing anything, or pulling track information. None of the controls seem to work.

Killed the HSPandora app in the taskmanager.

Went back to the setup page, and also set looging to verbose... hit save which relaunched the HSPandora app... Music started playing from the current station it was set too on the Status page...

None of the controls still work though. And, when I close my browser, music still plays since the app is still running. Have to kill the app to stop from playing.

Would be happy to help with any testing!

Thanks,
                  Dave

Comment

using PandoraOne - after I enter my credentials and check the log it says "error logging in". I confirmed the username/password are correct. The pandoraOne box is checked.

I too would pay $ for a working pandora plugin! Willing to troubleshoot.
                    Plugins:
                    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

There is something with the HomeSeer web UI that causes the controls to not work after you click it once. I had to refresh the page, and the control will work. Same thing with the lights On/Off control. I can only press once and I had to refresh the page to be able to press Off.

I don't think you should expect a live update on the UI page since there is no ajax or any of the async stuff in the current homeseer UI.

Also looks like PandoraOne didn't work, I don't have an account to test so I don't know what I can do there (and certainly not going to subscribe just to test).

Hold and behold, I removed this from the store Thanks for trying it out, but looks like this isn't working for everyone.

Comment

would you be interested in a team effort? It seems like the concept is really solid. Maybe some people who have developing skills and a PandoraOne account would be interested in helping out.
                        Plugins:
                        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

If only...

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                          would you be interested in a team effort? It seems like the concept is really solid. Maybe some people who have developing skills and a PandoraOne account would be interested in helping out.
                          If only I had the development skills. ANY development skills...

I am willing to pay a few dollars and test, friends, but I am of no value when it comes to coding. It surprises me that others are not jumping into this, though, given the popularity of Pandora. We had friends over for dinner and as usual, it was on as we prepped for dinner and during it. And I will turn it on in just a minute as I work on a project. I just can't do it via HS!

Sigh...
                          Madcodger

Comment

You guys can use SqueezeBox. There is a free player called SoftSqueeze and also Squeeze Slave. There are also Android apps to emulate the players for ~$10. I used this method for a few years, recently switched to a Sonos Connect. Google slimdevices to fine the free stuff.

PCP's SqueezeBox plugin works real well. I just do care for Logitech so much. Sosnos is truly stand alone functionality, Logitech you need to loginto at times.

Good Luck all!
                            -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                            X