Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X10 on turns lights on, missing off leaves lights on. Help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 on turns lights on, missing off leaves lights on. Help!

Hi,

I have G1 ON running a script to turn my ights on. The G1 Off runs another script that turns the lights off.

Since the G1 Off is semi unreliable, what can I do?

Can I make event 1 which runs the on script, run the off script after 10 minutes (taking the G1 Off out of the loop & just turning it off based on the time after the G1 on?)

How would I do that through the events?

This would be similar to setting an event which turns a device on & you can set a time delay.

Thanks,
    Rich

Have you tried sending more than one off command with a slight delay between the off commands?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Im not sure how to send off commands (it is for a motion sensor). X10 Hawkeye

Comment

Rich,
        I used to have same problem. I traced it down to powerline noise.
        Check the signal level if you have the equipment. Replace with better switch (I did use UPB and it works great now).
        Marty

Comment

Actually I am going from the Hawkeye (wireless) signal to the WF800 Reciever (using ACRF plugin). It works sometimes, but sometimes the hawkeye doesnt send a good signal (or the antenna doesnt catch it). Either way, I would like to stop relying on the X10 Off & just making it catch the X10 on & add a timer to shut it off (if that is possible).

Comment

Just set up an event that is triggered by your x10 Hawkeye ON and include in the event to send an OFF after 10 minutes. This way your light will come on and then turn off after 10 minutes. An OFF command from the Hawkeye is not needed.

Steve Q
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Steve,

I have a script that runs when the X10 G1 On signal is sent. Your saying I should have a second event that when the X10 G1 On signal is sent, a 10 minute countdown is sent to the off.vb script that I have for G1 Off?

How do you add a time delay for a script?

I need it to be a script as I have a virtual device that turns on when the script runs.

Comment

To reiterate, I have G1 On means start event running On.vb script.

G1 off runs the event Off.vb script.

Comment

RichT,

You can add a delay (when doing event creation) for any device by clicking action then select your device from the drop down list.

When you select the device you should get a command choice button (on,off,etc) and below that a delay button(hrs.min,seconds).

Just select the device you want the command for like "kitchen ms13 or M1" then select your command option like "off or on" then select your delay time like "15 minutes" and voila !

When creating your events you can set the order of execution by using the little up and down arrows on the left side of the device actions which lets you make things happen in the order you want.

Hope this helps a little.........

Neil
                  Neil
                  Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Neil,

I see that option for device, but since i am using a script.

So, G1 On as a trigger, sets the action to run script "On.vb". I dont see anywhere I can add a script with a time delay.

The run device gives the option of a time delay. The run script doesnt give you the time delay option (not sure why).

Comment

Does your G1 on or off script do anything besides turning the desired light on or off?
                      If not, instead of having your action being to run a script, just set it up as 2 device actions, one to turn on the light and one to turn off the light with a 10 minute delay.
                      Dick
                      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

The script also turns on a virtual light which lets the setup know if the motion light should turn on the lights, or if someone manually turned on the switch & the motion script should be ignored.

Comment

The easiest way to handle this is with a motion plugin such as mcsMovement or DooMotion. You can set these up so the OFF from the sensor is ignored and the OFF timing is generated by the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                          X