HomeSeer 200 Series Wall Switches Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer 200 Series Wall Switches Announced

Our new 200 series wall switches will debut at CES 2018 next month. The new switches are equipped with RGB LED indicators that can be controlled with Z-Wave commands.

In "normal mode", LEDs can be set to your color preference and will reflect the status of each local load (on-off-dim level). Don't like blue? Change to White, Red, Green, Magenta, Cyan or Yellow. Want to 'jazz up' your routine? Change colors every day or just during holidays, birthdays and special events.

When a Z-Wave command is sent to control an individual LED, the switch will change to "status mode" and will glow or blink the color of your choice. Did you leave the garage door open after midnight? Have the 3rd LED blink red in the bedrooms. Did you forget to lock the side door? Have the 5th LED glow yellow. Did the smoke alarm go off downstairs? Have all the LEDs on all switches blink Magenta. Switches will stay in status mode until you send and 'off' command to reset them.

The new dimmer and switch begin shipping in January. The fan controller will ship in April.

Full press release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/12/prweb15042437.htm

Dimmer product page: https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...gb-wall-dimmer
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I'm ***-uming no Toggle style??? sorry gotta be the first to ask
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
      I'm ***-uming no Toggle style??? sorry gotta be the first to ask
      no need to swear! Correct though... paddle style only.

Comment

TF it's time to give up and modernize as the toggle switch days are moving further and further behind in the automation era.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          TF it's time to give up and modernize as the toggle switch days are moving further and further behind in the automation era.
          Hah i wasnt intentially... assume was separated lol. Someday wife will like decora.. or next wife maybe

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            I'll admit... if your hands are full, you can control a toggle easier with your arm. Otherwise... ya, not a lot of other advantages. Multi-tap triggers would be kind of awkward to do with a toggle too.

Comment

..or next wife maybe
              I'm guessing she rarely reads over your shoulder, eh?

Comment

or next wife maybe
                Now your 'talkin'

Comment

Agree with you both 100%. If i told the wife.. decora or nothing... you know where it will go lol... waaay behind!!! Id have to get up to control lights!!!!

In all seriousness... all HST switch features look great though...

Comment

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Darnit! Just bought all new HS dimmers and switches for the new house, and GE fan controls because HST didn't have any. Mark, why do you tempt me so?
                      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I'm excited about the options these open us up to.

I'm also staring at a box full of unopened HS-WD100+, HS-WS100+, HS-WA100+ I have yet to getting around to install after my last order (30 days was Nov 17th). I don't suppose we can hold onto our hats for any kind of trade-in and pay the difference program for unused stuff. Will the 200 series units eventually replace all 100 series units once you work through your current stock, or do you envision actually keeping both the 100 and 200 series lines in production at the same time?

Comment

How are these functionally different from the 100+ switches other than the LEDs.

I am concerned about ordering some and running into the first adopter problem.

Also, what about pricing? Same as 100s?
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                            How are these functionally different from the 100+ switches other than the LEDs.

I am concerned about ordering some and running into the first adopter problem.

Also, what about pricing? Same as 100s?
                            Functionally, these are very similar to the 100 series (which are still in production BTW). These are the differences:
                            • RGB LEDs are individually controllable
                            • Multi-tap operation now goes to 5-taps
                            • Bottom LED on dimmer may be set to turn on when load is off

Pricing is not firm yet but will likely be $5 more MSRP.

RGB control will be implemented in event actions. Here's an example:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                              RGB control will be implemented in event actions. Here's an example:
                              I have so many questions, and looking forward to a video review.

In the "3" field shown in the example will there be an option for something like "All" (or more than 1 yet not all) instead of a single LED? Or will we have to string together multiple commands if we want to set more than on LED in a single event?

Will the ability to force a device to be in "status" or "normal" via z-wave command exist?

Is the time to transition from normal mode to status mode after a switch is manipulated configurable?

How many status LEDs will the HS-WS200+ have? Will it remain one yet be configurable, or increased to match the number the dimmer has so we can have uniformity of statuses around the house? I can already envision areas I'd like to have the same # of LEDs on both dimmers and normal switches. For example I don't want my mud room lights to be dimmable as I use Philips Hue bulbs there, but I'd love just as many LEDs as a dimmer so I can visually show the open/closed status of each garage door without opening the door to look into the garage.

Penta-Tap, wow!

p.s.

I'd also love just as many LEDs on switches so I can do "Knight Rider" style red lights sweeping up and down (recurring event that keeps changing LEDs if Alarm == Armed Stay) if the alarm is armed on all switches near exit doors as a clue that the alarm needs to be disarmed.

Comment

Working...
                              X