Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WS100 Turns OFF and ON - Solved!

Hoping someone is facing the same....

I have two HS-WS100 switches that immediately after turning them on, they switch off and back on independently. I have no Events tied to these devices. When I look in the log, it seems to be a Scene change - (see Below)

When I initially turn it on, it sets to 1000, then it switches off with a 255, then back on with a 2000 and stays on..... Note no events or anything happens in between.

I tried updating the firmware to 5.17, but that made no difference...

-------------------LOG------------------------------
    Jan-25 11:24:36 AM Z-Wave Device: BEDROOMS LIGHTING CS_REDRM_LIGHT Set to 2000
    Jan-25 11:24:33 AM Z-Wave Device: BEDROOMS LIGHTING REDRM_LIGHT Set to 255
    Jan-25 11:24:33 AM Z-Wave Device: BEDROOMS LIGHTING CS_REDRM_LIGHT Set to 1000

Originally posted by nufun View Post
    Hoping someone is facing the same....

I have two HS-WS100 switches that immediately after turning them on, they switch off and back on independently. I have no Events tied to these devices. When I look in the log, it seems to be a Scene change - (see Below)

When I initially turn it on, it sets to 1000, then it switches off with a 255, then back on with a 2000 and stays on..... Note no events or anything happens in between.

I tried updating the firmware to 5.17, but that made no difference...

Jan-25 11:24:36 AM Z-Wave Device: BEDROOMS LIGHTING CS_REDRM_LIGHT Set to 2000
    Jan-25 11:24:33 AM Z-Wave Device: BEDROOMS LIGHTING REDRM_LIGHT Set to 255
    Jan-25 11:24:33 AM Z-Wave Device: BEDROOMS LIGHTING CS_REDRM_LIGHT Set to 1000

Have you tried to shut off HS3 or the z-wave network and see if the light does the same without any connection to z-wave?

Comment

You might check and make sure there are no associations (other than HS) on the Z-Wave tab for the switches.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I reset HS3 once a week, I have another application running on the same server that chews up memory over time. Waiting on a patch for a memory leak.

But never reset the Znet interface. Will try that first

Comment

Just stop the Z-wave plugin... I don't think you need to bring down HS.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

My suggestion would be this: Update to the latest Z-wave beta plug-in (.187). REMOVE those switches from your Z-Wave network, then re-include them and test again. Removing them from the network will clear the memory on the module and will also remove any associations that may be set.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The firmware upgrade fixed all my switches. They no longer exhibit this off/on pulsing. Do your switches report firmware to 5.17 in the Z-Wave Node Information? (Plugins, Z-Wave, Node Information) Maybe the FW upgrade did not take?

Comment

Working...
              X