Events not running speech Commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events not running speech Commands

Is anyone having any issues with an event not speaking text? Since I have moved to 435 I have noticed that there are events that used to run at 402 are not working in 435.

The events have not changed. I have one event that simply speaks if I leave a door open after a set time and then cannot repeat for 5 min if I don't shut the door. See pic. thanks (time was set to test only)

I have tried changes and becomes but it does not work at all which it shouldn't because it has to already be open to get the repeat to work.

Anyone know if there is a change here?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    Is anyone having any issues with an event not speaking text? Since I have moved to 435 I have noticed that there are events that used to run at 402 are not working in 435.

The events have not changed. I have one event that simply speaks if I leave a door open after a set time and then cannot repeat for 5 min if I don't shut the door. See pic. thanks (time was set to test only)

I have tried changes and becomes but it does not work at all which it shouldn't because it has to already be open to get the repeat to work.

Anyone know if there is a change here?
    My speaking events have been unaffected from .368 to .435. Is the Event not Triggering, or is it Triggering and not speaking? Is every speak Event broken or just some? If you build a test Event and manually run it from the Event Management, does Speak work?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      My speaking events have been unaffected from .368 to .435. Is the Event not Triggering, or is it Triggering and not speaking? Is every speak Event broken or just some? If you build a test Event and manually run it from the Event Management, does Speak work?
      If I run it manually it speaks. I also noticed that there were two instances of speaker dot exe open, could that do it?

I did not see anything in the log that the event ran. So maybe I should recreate the event and try again? Right now windows has taken over with a stupid update. I will have to wait until it is done to get back with you.

Comment

i had 2 instances of speaker dot exe running because i had one set up in task scheduler and also had start speaker checked in settings. another possiblilty is having it started in the startup folder. Get it down to one and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Randy, sorry for the delay. I forgot about sometimes they go bad so I created new ones as you suggested using an easytrigger time schedule. see pic. This seems to work so deleted old ones. I guess playing around with it too much corrupted it. thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
            i had 2 instances of speaker dot exe running because i had one set up in task scheduler and also had start speaker checked in settings. another possiblilty is having it started in the startup folder. Get it down to one and try again.
            I deleted one of them and checked settings and now only see one. thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
            X