Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI Func 'capabilities' ?

Hi all,

Sorry if this is documented somewhere; I couldn't seem to find it.

When HSTouch server starts, it calls a Plugin function named "capabilities", then throws an error to the log as my default PI handler returns empty string.

Error in log: "HSTouch had an Error retrieving the capabilities with Error = Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid."

I could not find any docs on what this is, or how to appropriately respond to it.

Thanks,
    Mike

Have a look in the SDK manual here:

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...pabilities.htm
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by mikemack View Post
      Hi all,

Sorry if this is documented somewhere; I couldn't seem to find it.

When HSTouch server starts, it calls a Plugin function named "capabilities", then throws an error to the log as my default PI handler returns empty string.

Error in log: "HSTouch had an Error retrieving the capabilities with Error = Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid."

I could not find any docs on what this is, or how to appropriately respond to it.

Thanks,
      Mike
      Exactly as NicolaiL says - although I am not really sure it is used as much in HS3 as it was in HS2 (as now have device api's for thermostats/media). In HS2 you used to get IO, X10 or IR and IIRC there was some additional functions called in HS2 if you had X10/IR selected.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the quick response! Sorry I was not more clear in my question -

I do return the correct value for "Capabilities" API function, but I am getting a PluginFunction call with procName == "capabilities"

Code:
                public int Capabilities()
                {
                    return (int)HomeSeerAPI.Enums.eCapabilities.CA_IO;
                }

public object PluginFunction(string procName, object[] parms)
                {
                    // This is being invoked with "procName" == "capabilities"
                }
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikemack View Post
          Guys,

Thanks for the quick response! Sorry I was not more clear in my question -

I do return the correct value for "Capabilities" API function, but I am getting a PluginFunction call with procName == "capabilities"

Code:
                  public int Capabilities()
                  {
                      return (int)HomeSeerAPI.Enums.eCapabilities.CA_IO;
                  }

public object PluginFunction(string procName, object[] parms)
                  {
                      // This is being invoked with "procName" == "capabilities"
                  }
          Mike
          Yes this has come up before and not sure there was ever an answer, http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175223

It's odd that it does not come up more often, perhaps it is a specific set of capabilities/devices/API's that the HSTouch Server is looking for which in turn calls into PluginFunction looking for capabilties, or it is some legacy stuff left in by accident.

Comment

Thanks!

Submitted Bug 3184..

Let's see..

Comment

Working...
            X