www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API Discussions related to the Amazon Echo native support for connected home products

Old January 22nd, 2018, 01:59 PM
Seer Master

Deleted old skill, deleted all devices in Amazon,installed new skill and rediscovered all devices in Amazon. No need for a Homeseer restart. everything working fine.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 02:02 PM
OverSeer

It still isn't clear to me if this will work with .318. When I tried it last evening, I too did not see any discovered devices. I saw some which were offline.

Can someone add to this?

Robert
HS3PRO 3.0.0.435 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dot, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 02:24 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by langenet View Post
It still isn't clear to me if this will work with .318. When I tried it last evening, I too did not see any discovered devices. I saw some which were offline.

Can someone add to this?

Robert
Quote from install instructions

The new version 3 API adds some new features. To take advantage of all of the new features, HS3 version 3.0.0.398 or later is required.

Looks like it won't work with .318
Old January 22nd, 2018, 02:27 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Can you email me your HS hsd data file, we can then load it and see which device is causing the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
No, the thermostats are Go Control Z-Wave. I have 8, but only 2 are configured for voice control. The enabled switches and dimmers are HomeSeer, one device is virtual (on-off) and the locks are Schlage. The only other skill I have enabled is Sonos, which is working.

The only reason I have enabled a very small subset of devices is for testing purposes. Obviously unless/until they are discovered I cannot start configuring rooms or groups. My initial testing with V2 resulted in detected and controllable devices, but it was too limited.

This is not a technology we are reliant on, so I can test whatever is needed.

website | products | support | youtube
Old January 22nd, 2018, 02:48 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Can you email me your HS hsd data file, we can then load it and see which device is causing the issue.
Yes. Give me 30 minutes.

EDIT: Email sent.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Last edited by rprade; January 22nd, 2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 03:26 PM
Seer Master

Just a heads up...

I did not have any devices imported. So all of this worked the first time. I did not check how many devices I had set to "Enable Voice Command", so it important more than I really wanted.

I would suggest that you start with a small set of devices to import to Alexa (selecting in HomeSeer to "Enable Voice Command". It really is a pain per Amazon's design to remove unwanted devices.

You will need to manually select each device singularly and send it to the trash to delete.

Argh!
HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 03:35 PM
Seer Master

I also dont discover devices with the new skill ,

I am on 398, devices are discovered with the old skill without issues.

Bart
Old January 22nd, 2018, 03:39 PM
OverSeer

I'm on .383 and the old skill was working fine...

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old January 22nd, 2018, 04:40 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Note that the new skill is server based, so you won't see the discovery message in the HS log. Make sure the original skill is disabled. If no devices are found, send a message to support@homeseer.com with your MyHS login ID so we can investigate.
Done thanks however I just checked (after I sent the email! #16583) and it looks as if the devices have been discovered at some point during the day.

I'm not sure what is up as whilst the devices are there now they are quite delayed (couple of seconds) and they also frequently say on the top 'Server is unresponsive'. I've noticed that the status of these devices is not reflected on the app if the status of a device in HS changes however don't know if that is by design or not.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 04:49 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

We are adding some fixes on the server, so yes, at some point if we fix your issue, your devices will just show up. Amazon runs a discover about once an hour on every system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
Done thanks however I just checked (after I sent the email! #16583) and it looks as if the devices have been discovered at some point during the day.

I'm not sure what is up as whilst the devices are there now they are quite delayed (couple of seconds) and they also frequently say on the top 'Server is unresponsive'. I've noticed that the status of these devices is not reflected on the app if the status of a device in HS changes however don't know if that is by design or not.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:37 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

We think the discovery issue is fixed, please run the discovery again and see if your devices show up.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:41 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
We think the discovery issue is fixed, please run the discovery again and see if your devices show up.
It is fixed for me.

Thank you Rich!
Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:54 PM
OverSeer

Is this a cloud service now?

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts
Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:15 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.vuyk View Post
Is this a cloud service now?
It always has been. Alexa only exists in the cloud. Echo requires connection with AWS servers, which must communicate with your HomeSeer through myhs.homeseer.com
Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:29 PM
Seer Deluxe

Heart Very Nice! Alexa phone app is how you create routines

The routines allow custom phrases vs. "Turn ON a device."
HS Voice Enabled Events are "Discovered" (must have the check box under Event Options)
When you tell Alexa to discover scenes, it goes to your HS and gets all the Events that are voice enabled. So Alexa now has all voice controlled Devices and Events! They will now appear in the Alexa web page.

Amazon Scenes is a HS event. A routine is created on the Alexa Phone App.
The routine allows custom phrases like "Good Night" So my Good Night Routine executes a HS event called Bedtime. So no more "Trigger bedtime", "Turn on bedtime" I say "Good Night" and Alexa says "OK" and my bedtime event runs.

You create Routines (Customized Voice Commands - whatever you want) that trigger HS Events/Devices.

I was confused so I hope this helps.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:49 PM
OverSeer

Maybe Jon can update his helper skill to take advantage of the new Smarthome skill features and perhaps get away with just one skill.

Robert
Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:00 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Maybe Jon can update his helper skill to take advantage of the new Smarthome skill features and perhaps get away with just one skill.

Robert
i am waiting for this too haha.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:08 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
For you table light just shange your voice command to bedroom table light.

What you should be able to do is create a bedrom group with your table light and the bedroom dot called bedroom - and say turn on the bedroom lights from any device or lights on from your bedroom.
For some reason I can't make the light turn on by saying "lights on" . And there only one device in the group. What am I doing wrong?
BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
AP800,Honeywell Stat
Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:12 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Robert
Unfortunately that is not possible!

Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:16 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Sorry not for me - I linked and unlinked my account again - still no devices on v 3 discovery