HS tracking your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    I did a quick search for MS 13 motion detector and see it is made in the Netherlands and couldnt find any resellers in the US.

Is this an Ebay type item?

Are there other X10 wireless motion detectors that would suit this idea?
    Any type of x10 can do the same job, You can fond them also in eBay.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Pinging the Iphone wont work when the phone is asleep, ie when its on but the screen is off. The wifi is turned off at this time to preserve battery power and it wont respond to pings. I dont know about other smartphones.
      If you have ios5 on your iPhone, it will respond to a ping even when it is asleep.

Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Pinging the Iphone wont work when the phone is asleep, ie when its on but the screen is off. The wifi is turned off at this time to preserve battery power and it wont respond to pings. I dont know about other smartphones.
        This is why you introduce the wife to "Words with Friends". She'll check the phone pretty often and keep it alive. I think when Google Latitude sees your SSID, it will update the location as well.
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          I have been experimenting with this on my droid phone and it appears to me that the wifi stays awake and does support ping requests. I have a feeling though I need to adjust or mess with the DHCP (I have no idea what I am messing with though) as I think it gets different IP's when the phone comes back in range on occasion...
          You need to configure it have a static IP on your network.
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
          X