Camera Alarm Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Alarm Monitoring

Thought I would post this idea to the forum in case anyone else could use the feature or build on it.

I felt that having to manually select my camera view on my Android when I got a camera motion was not "automation" and HA should be better than that.

I wanted to automatically have a display of my outdoor cameras when any of my cameras detected motion. The solution I used really demonstrates the flexibility of HS to integrate different products to work together.

My cameras (Foscam) are connected via wifi to my BlueIris server which is also my HS3 server. When the camera detects motion (actually detects a "scene" difference) an alarm message is passed from the BlueIris server to the BlueIris plugin. I have a media server (could be a Pi) connected to my LG flat screen TV on HDMI2. My cable box is connected to HDMI1. I have configured the media server to automatically start Firefox on boot with the BlueIris webpage set as the Homepage. I control my Audio/Visual system including my LG TV with a Global Cache WIFI to IR.

I have an event that detects the camera motion then:

1. Sends a "Doorbell" sound to my Sonos speakers
    2. Checks a virtual device (Camera Display Enabled) to determine if I want the cameras displayed
    3. Switches the LG TV to HDMI2
    4. Waits 30 seconds
    5. Switches the LG TV back to HDMI1

Bob
    Attached Files

Nice! Great idea. thanks!!
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos