Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omni Can't Read UPB Switch Status Set Manually?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni Can't Read UPB Switch Status Set Manually?

I used UPB switches and configure them w UPStart but only very basic individual switch behavior - nothing fancy. I control the UPB switches from programming in OmniPro2+ that I build in PC Access. HS3/Omni plug in is wonderful to extend the poor capabilities built into OmniPro.

So, I'm happily using Omni plugin to do all the cool things I've wanted to for ages but couldn't arm twist PCAccess/OmniPro to do for me. Heck, I even get Alexa listening and mostly behaving!

But, when I write events to read UPB switch status, I discover something that I didn't expect. An event that triggers when a switch "changes an becomes on" doesn't ever trigger! I walk over, turn the switch on and off but still nothing.

Then, I turn the switch on & off via HS3 and all of a sudden it triggers!

And, when I look thru the status of all my devices I notice that only the devices that have been switched via OmniPro or HS3 programming register in HS3.

So, my problem is that HS3 won't recognize device events (not zones, those work great) that are manually set?

Or, am I missing something (hopefully).

Or, do I need to adjust the programming on the UPB switches to relay info (harder but doable)?

If someone out there has a similar setup, what are you seeing?

Thanks,

- Jeff

And, thanks for reading this far - here's some entertainment from my ongoing personal project stories blog .http://gentlemanfarmer.net/

Jeff - when you control the switch manually, does PC Access update with the new status?

Also, check the OMNI Logs in the plugin when manually controlling the switch and see if it shows up there.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Sheesh. Thanks, Rob. They darn sure don't show up in pcaccess. I shoulda thoughta that! Any clues other than a deep google search on how to get those UPB Switches communicating back to OmniPro?

Comment

OK, solved it and here's how.
        Clues came from here - http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/2...ai-omnipro-ii/

Turns out there is a chkbox on the rocker tab from within UPStart on the configuration tab of each switch. They were not checked and didn't report status.

Check them and they report status.

Better living thru computers!

Comment

Aah. That is good info on the switches. I didn't know that myself.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Aah. That is good info on the switches. I didn't know that myself.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
            I understand exactly what that check box does - sort of. It forces the switch to report it's status (via a specific UPB command) to any controller currently listening in on the powerline/ I.E Omni and Homeseer when it's status (on/off/dim level) is changed Manually at the switch by a user. What I do not know, and would like to know, is how the switch (or the controllers - plural) respond when the switch is Programmatically controlled. For example, the Omni tells the switch to dim 50% in response to an automation command. Does Homeser know about it and vice versa? I do not know bout PCAccess but so far my testing show the Homeseer sliders don't always follow a programatic change by Omni.

<style></style>

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
              I understand exactly what that check box does - sort of. It forces the switch to report it's status (via a specific UPB command) to any controller currently listening in on the powerline/ I.E Omni and Homeseer when it's status (on/off/dim level) is changed Manually at the switch by a user. What I do not know, and would like to know, is how the switch (or the controllers - plural) respond when the switch is Programmatically controlled. For example, the Omni tells the switch to dim 50% in response to an automation command. Does Homeser know about it and vice versa? I do not know bout PCAccess but so far my testing show the Homeseer sliders don't always follow a programatic change by Omni.

<style></style>
              Yes - anything sent to the panel from HS will result in it being updated in HS.

Comment

Con confirm both work as expected. Spent a lot of time in UPStart clicking little radio boxes. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X