This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SqueezeBox plugin V1.6.0 beta 1 available

Here is version 1.6.0 Beta 1 of the SqueezeBox plugin, with one additional change since beta 0. I did some testing but would like to get more feedback before making it available via the updater. The release version of 1.6 will require HS2 2.3.0.33 or later in order to ensure the plugin is installed before HS2 finished its startup process (using msi installation - see HS2 2.3.0.33 beta notes).

To install:
    • Install the version available from the updater if not already installed
    • Extract content of hspi_squeezebox_V1.6.0.1_Beta1.zip to HomeSeer home installation directory to overwrite HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll
    • Restart HomeSeer

Changes:
    • SqueezeCenter security support: the SqueezeCenter username and password can be entered in the configuration page and if defined the plugin will login upon (re-)connection.
    • Changed 1st device string per player from "({status})" to " is {status}". For example "Player1 (On)" will now be displayed as "Player1 is on".
    • Added a new HS2 action called "SqueezeBox Playlist" to manipulate the playlist of a player. Supported actions are play item, add item, insert item, delete item and clear playlist.
    • New API to interact with playlist. See below for signatures
    • The end of library scan message from SqueezeCenter will trigger (re-)querying the number of artists, albums, songs, etc
    • Tested with Squeezecenter 7.2.1 and 7.3.2
    • Fixed "Shuffle off" and "Repeat off" action buttons in HS2 status page
    • Fixed connection error 10047 (in beta 1) encountered by some users

New scripting APIs:

Public Sub QueryConfiguration()
    Queries SqueezeCenter configuration information such as version, number of artists, albums, and songs
    Public Sub PlayerPlaylistPlay(ByVal playerName As String, ByVal item As String)
    Updates player playlist with item and starts playing item
    Public Sub PlayerPlaylistAdd(ByVal playerName As String, ByVal item As String)
    Adds item to player playlist.
    Public Sub PlayerPlaylistInsert(ByVal playerName As String, ByVal item As String)
    Inserts item to player playlist after currently played song.
    Public Sub PlayerPlaylistDeleteItem(ByVal playerName As String, ByVal item As String)
    Delete item from player playlist.
    Public Sub PlayerPlaylistClear(ByVal playerName As String)
    Clears player playlist
    Public Sub PlayerSendCLICommand(ByVal playerName As String, ByVal command As String)
    Sends a CLI command for a specific player. Do not include the player reference in command(1st argument of command) and escape the command (URL encode) as required.
    Last edited by pcp; March 10, 2009, 08:14 AM. Reason: SqueezeBox plugin V1.6.0 beta 1 available

Below is an example of HS2 event configure to interact with a SqueezeBox playlist. Not that I mainly tested it using playlists so far and not specific songs.
    Attached Files

Comment

Just installed this plugin and beta 1.6.0.1. Starting a playlist works fine, it would be nice if it was extended with functionality for starting webradio stations, favorites, ...

Some other issues that I've found:
      * When I change the volume using the duet controller the percentage becomes messed up. It does smaller increments i think, it registeres 61,25% as 6125%. If you do a volume increment in homeseer after this it jumps immediatly to 100%.
      * The homeseer menu is not available on the duet controller.

Anyways, keep up the good work on this. I will certainly end up buying this plugin when my trial ends.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. The menus are currently not visible in the Duet controller as the older menu style is not supported only the new Jive menus. I started to extend the SC plugin, though still needs more work. The plan is to include menu support for Duet controller before releasing this version.

Comment

Working...
        X