Speaker no vr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker no vr

I do not have speech recognition running on my tablets, I don't need it and I don't see the point turning it on when I won't be using it. However, the speaker client seems to crash on startup because of this? How can I get announcements without having to run unwanted services?

Thanks

What's the error when the speaker client crashes? What OS is the speaker client loaded on?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Windows 7
      "error initializing voice recognition, may not be installed"

Comment

Does the Windows VR work on this server/pc?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not sure what you mean by 'this' server/PC. I have VR switched on, on the the main server yes- this meant digging out an old mic...

As for the client no it is not switched on, and the required services do not start (from memory one of the required apps is also not installed).

My main point is that I don't want or use VR, it requires hardware I don't otherwise want or need.

Surely this is the sort of start up check that should at most be a warning on a 'speaker' app? Is there no way to trick it into starting regardless?

Comment

Working...
          X