Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome - one question, do the buttons invert colour and/or click when pressed to give feedback to the user?

Comment

Digging it for sure and looking forward to seeing all of the JSON based projects maybe we should start a thread for them. Is there a way for these to float on the desktop? I'd be at nirvana if tgat were the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        I'll be following this.
        I'm planning to make a small app for Windows 8 and 10, and now as JSON is implemented, it's easier.

However, I see that you write about Z-wave equipment. Not all HS-users use Z-wave, but as long as you think in terms of CAPI it shouldn't matter.
        Sorry. I was using z-wave as a general descriptor. Any device registered in HomeSeer can have a widget since this UI is only communicating via the JSON API. All this UI cares about is the Ref ID from HomeSeer. But at the same time you wouldn't want to pass the RefID of your alarm system partition to a toggle switch widget like I'm showing in the example above. Should the need arise, I will need to build a alarm widget for arm/disarm actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
          Looks awesome - one question, do the buttons invert colour and/or click when pressed to give feedback to the user?
          It uses CSS, so right now, when you mouse over it outlines. I do plan to add some CSS to glow or something when you click to make it more touchscreen friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
            Digging it for sure and looking forward to seeing all of the JSON based projects maybe we should start a thread for them. Is there a way for these to float on the desktop? I'd be at nirvana if tgat were the case.
            What exactly do you mean by "float"? Drop shadows?

Comment

Meaning have the tile as a movable element or widget that can be positioned anywhere on the windows desktop

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                Meaning have the tile as a movable element or widget that can be positioned anywhere on the windows desktop
                Ahh..In that case, yes. The tiles support drag and drop. So I could click on my weather widget and drag it to the first tile position.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                  Ahh..In that case, yes. The tiles support drag and drop. So I could click on my weather widget and drag it to the first tile position.
                  Even better

Comment

To truly make this useful to the community, it really needs to become a plugin that allows you to simply selected your z-wave devices from the HomeSeer UI which you'd like to see in the live-tile UI and then the back-end javascript files are automatically updated with all the necessary javascript to load the specified widgets.
                    I like this idea.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

... as long as it's not limited to Z-wave devices. I use Z-wave, but I also have a bunch of other devices I would like to control.
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

What types of devices are you looking to control?

Right now my plan is to make widgets for toggle switches (lamp module, wall switch, etc), dimmers, door locks (as a toggle--lock/unlock) and virtual devices. I expect the virtual device to be the most difficult because I'll have to rely strictly on what's being returned by JSON in order to dynamically construct the content within the widget. A basic switch is either on/off so I really only need to know the device name and the current status to create the widget.

Comment

Not sure about others, in addition to lights, sprinkler valves (via rain8net), and outlets/appliance devices, I would love a nice pretty button for running an event. Also some virtual devices. For example to put the house in guest mode, or party mode.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I'm trying to make the main widget generic enough that it will work with most devices. Virtual devices that have many states will be a bit more difficult--mainly because I need to create new view with buttons for each state. The same is true for dimmers. I can't use a tap and hold on the tile because that triggers drag/drop functionality. So i have to build a separate page that launches with the dimmer slider.

I thought I'd be a little further ahead that I am right now, but as I started setting up CSS styling, I ran into a few issues that caused styles to bind to elements that I did not want. While trying to adjust the widget to compensate I started running into KnockoutJS binding issues. So I'm in the process of refactoring my initial code to hopefully fix the binding issues.

Comment

To be honest: All of them.
                              An interface that can only control a few predefined devices is pretty limited, in my opinion.

However, as the JSON API is based on CAPI you really should have no problems with it.

Right now my plan is to make widgets for toggle switches (lamp module, wall switch, etc), dimmers, door locks (as a toggle--lock/unlock) and virtual devices. I expect the virtual device to be the most difficult because I'll have to rely strictly on what's being returned by JSON in order to dynamically construct the content within the widget. A basic switch is either on/off so I really only need to know the device name and the current status to create the widget.
                              I would do just that: Stricty rely on JSON to construct the widget. But you can make a few exceptions, like appliance modules and dimable modules. That way you are prepared for anything.

The strength of HomeSeer is the versatility. I'd like to control my Squeezebox devices, TV, etc, and lights from the same interface.
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Still making progress on the UI. I decided to ditch the initial .Net framework I was using and move to strictly javascript implementation. This way, it can be hosted directly on your hometroller or any other web server. Reordering tiles still works. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to control dimmables using a click for toggle on/off and long press to initiate ramp-up/ramp-down.

Another screen shot below. I know the weather tile is ugly right now. I haven't formatted it yet. It's still under design, but the end goal is to have it show current weather on one side of the tile and then flip to show the 5 day forecast on the backside of the tile. I'd package this up for people to play with once I finish the weather tile, but since JSON still does not wait to return an accurate status response, you have to double tap the tile in order to get the UI to update, which makes this not ready for distribute for even basic usage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 3.11.00 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1176448

Comment

Working...
                                X