No announcement yet.

Introducing Z-Tool+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was trying to optimize a battery module today from this tool. But it only optimized the wired modules. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe not possible at this moment.

In that case feature request would be do choose node you want to optimize or want to manually add route for
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
      I was trying to optimize a battery module today from this tool. But it only optimized the wired modules. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe not possible at this moment.

In that case feature request would be do choose node you want to optimize or want to manually add route for
      Did you wake the device up just before optimizing?

If you want to manually add a route I would think that would be easier from the node info page in a browser.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Did you wake the device up just before optimizing?

If you want to manually add a route I would think that would be easier from the node info page in a browser.
        Yes i did. I was holding the device in my hand with the phone in the other. tried it on several devices but it didn't work.
        Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post

Z-Tool+ only uses the commands on the actions menu from the controller management screen. Since there's no command on the menu to optimize and individual device, Z-Tool+ can't do that. Also, the network optimize function automatically skips battery operated devices. As such, you'll still need to use the web GUI to accomplish this on your phone.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            Also, the network optimize function automatically skips battery operated devices. As such, you'll still need to use the web GUI to accomplish this on your phone.
            If you are using a ZEE S2 near a non NWI or battery device you can use Teamviewer on the phone and computer to remotely mouse click on the computer's GUI to remove or add a device. It is a bit tedious but gets the job done. Teamviewer is free for personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
              dear all,

I have also problems with the app on android. on startup I get this message:

Code:
              error getinterfaceslist

unexpected character encountered while parsing value: b. path ",line 0, position 0.
              I have local login enabled, jso enabled and tried the zwave2.db renaming. still no luck

When i select one of the functions of the app, i get object reference is not set to an instance of the object

I am on 1.94 and the latest zwave .25

regards

Bart
              anyone else having these issues?
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Z-Tool+ IOS is Live

You can download the IOS version now. Of course, it's the older version. We're submitting the update today. That will likely take another 2 weeks or more to clear.

Comment

I am on HS 3.194 and was on zwave .23..installed Z-Tool+ and got first a message needing to be on version 194 or higher, then got an Error: GetInterfacesList. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: j. Path ", line 0 position 0.

I upgraded the zwave to .25 and the 194 error message disappeared but I still get the GetInterfacesList error. If I press OK, then add/remove/abort fields are greyed out.

I do have logins from local subnets disabled and I do run HS at a high numbered port..and as noted above I can't seem to specify a port number in case that's the problem. The app does see my server though and puts its name and local ip number on the top line.

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by smcwilliams View Post
                    thoughts?
                    • make sure you can connect locally without logging in.
                    • make sure JSON is enabled in the settings

Comment

Side note for bug

My tool now appears to be working. (iOS, HS3Pro .194, zwave .25). It is worth noting that I did experience a bug where the app simply crashed every time I opened it. It happened after I had updated HS3Pro to .194, and *before* I had update the zwave plugin to .25 (I was at .22 at the time). It might be worth figuring out what was causing the crash so it can make a slightly more graceful and informative exit.

Once I updated to zwave .25, it worked fine....

regards,

Paul

Comment

I could already login locally without a problem, but enabling JSON once I found out where to do that made it work.

Thanks!

Comment

I carried out a homeseer repair installation, and everything is functioning fine afterwards my z-tool issues are resolved and no errors anymore on startup of z-tool

regards

Bart
                          Regards Bart
                          ------------------------------------------
                          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                          HSPRO 3.
                          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Just loaded this on my new Windows Phone.....very nice....loads and connects extremely quickly. One option I would like to see added please is Restart Interface. Would be useful whenever a connectivity test returns multiple failures and appears to be 'locked up'. The Restart usually sorts it out.
                            Neil

Comment

I have Z-Tool+ installed on my iPhone 6+ and have version 3.0.0.194 of HomeseerPro and version 3.0.1.25 of the zWave plugin installed. I have JSON enabled along with no password for local connections. When i launch Z-Tool+ on my iPhone all i get is the application screen with no information displayed except for the applications text.

What could i be missing as getting this to work would be of great help.

Regards,
                              Judd

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
                                I have Z-Tool+ installed on my iPhone 6+ and have version 3.0.0.194 of HomeseerPro and version 3.0.1.25 of the zWave plugin installed. I have JSON enabled along with no password for local connections. When i launch Z-Tool+ on my iPhone all i get is the application screen with no information displayed except for the applications text.
                                What could i be missing as getting this to work would be of great help.

Regards,
                                Judd
                                Same here, no system discovered.
                                What is the mechanism used for the app to find the local HS3 server ?

Z

Comment

Working...
                                X