Using USBUIRT with HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using USBUIRT with HS3

I have been using the USBUIRT with HS2 for about 5 years. I have hundreds of IR codes stored in the registry on my WinXP -HS2 computer. Over the past year I have transitioned much of my home automation to HS3 but I have not done anything with my IR audio/video control.

Is anyone using the USBUIRT with HS3?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Steve,
    Check out Bob's BLUSBUIRT plugin. The only issue is I believe you have to relearn the codes as he's moved them from the registry to an ini file. One would think there would be an easy way to move these with a small converter exe.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1176
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I use it, Blades plugin is great. One slight issue with it crashing in my setup when I learn two codes after each other but that could be my setup and not an issue as I don't learn codes often enough to worry about it.

Comment

I too use BLUSBUIRT with HS3 on Win10. Works great! I did have to relearn the codes when I moved from HS2 to HS3 though.
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I am a USBUIRT user too and will be upgrading to HS3 soon. Thanks for the information, I was wondering if I could use it in HS3 so it is good to know there is a replacement available.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. I was unaware that there was a USBUIRT plugin for HS3.

Because I use my USBUIRT a lot on HS2, I decided to order another one ($50) for HS3. That will give me a backup and allow me to gradually transition my IR commands to HS3. It will also allow me to cleanup my huge list of IR commands that includes TVs that I no longer have!

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

CLARIFICATION??

Was USBIRT a "native" on HS2?---I don't remember having a Plugin.
              I now requires a Plugin on HS3?

BobSpen

Comment

HS2 has native IR control built-in. No plugin is required.

HS3 requires a plugin. And the USBUIRT plugin from Blade still requires a script to trigger the IR command. I have not yet worked with the plugin, so I don't know how difficult it will be to duplicate my HS2 IR events.

Steve Q

Comment

I received my USBUIRT and hooked it up to HS3. I learned a few IR codes for my Sony Receiver; everything worked fine.

Now I am looking at how to transition from my HS2 USBUIRT to HS3. I have 462 codes stored in HS2! This will be a monumental task! I did find that it is possible to use a text editor and copy the IR code string from the HS2 registry to the hspi_blusbuirt.ini file; but this takes more time and effort than relearning the code!

I also found a couple of errors in the help file for the BLUSBUIRT plugin. The link to the Homeseer forum page takes you to the RF page instead of the USBUIRT page. And the examples for script commands indicate "hs.pluginfunction......" but I had to use "nhs.pluginfunction....." for immediate scripts.

Steve Q

Comment

Working...
                  X