Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Visual Basic talked about on this message board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Visual Basic talked about on this message board?

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a self taught Visual Basic computer programmer and I'm looking for a discussion board to get some tech support for this programming language. Is it possible to get input on this great programming launguage here?

Thanks

You will get more responses when you ask questions about a specific HomeSeer use case.
    General questions about VB will most likely go unanswered.

With this being said, what are you trying to do in HomeSeer and VB that you need help with?

Comment

If you plan on writing HomeSeer scripts in vb.net, check out tenScripting to help code and debug your scripts.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

For generic VB questions, you might try Stack Overflow and be sure to apply the correct tag(s). I have found the responses there to be fast and great with regards to other programming languages. This link is a list of VB related questions:
        https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/vb.net
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I see...

Actually, I'm just trying to find a website/message board that supports asking questions on Visual Basic. I use to get my tech support questions from a webstite known as www.truevision3d.com. They seem to have cut off support and I can't find anywhere else to go to get tech support. I use Visual Basic 5 and 6 but Microsoft doesn't support those languages anymore it seems.

any advice on this?

Comment

Use stack overflow that I mentioned previously and if they have a yeah for the version you are using, as that. A good but is not version specific, though so we'll swatches first. Most of those searches will probably link to stack threads.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
            X