Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
    Did you ever manage to get this code to work? I'm trying to do something similar now, but are seeing the same error???
    If this is HS3 then there are some issues with the request.querystring that might explain it. Reported here http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1491

Comment

Thanks - I'm adding myself to the ticket in that case!
      Nicolai L

Comment

Request.querystring works fine under ASPX. It's a shame they cannot sort out the load speed issues/hangs....

Looks like I am going to have to revert to .ASP (provided request.querystring is fixed) for Windows only projects as it is 100 times faster and virtually instant to display.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Request.querystring works fine under ASPX. It's a shame they cannot sort out the load speed issues/hangs....

Looks like I am going to have to revert to .ASP (provided request.querystring is fixed) for Windows only projects as it is 100 times faster and virtually instant to display.
          It's really a shame that they haven't fixed the request.querystring problem either. Most likely I'm reverting to asp as well (once the querystring problem has been fixed).
          Last edited by jlikonen; April 12, 2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I got an update today regarding the Querystring bug. It seems that it has now been fixed and will be released in v.80.

Comment

Years ago when HS3 was pretty new, I tried upgrading using the beta or a trial opy or something. I know because I remember going through the hassle but hadn't paid for it.

I remember nothing worked and I was going to have to rewrite most everything from scratched. Heck, non of my plugins were yet working although most of them were in the works at the time.

So I've run into my first snag where stuff doesn't work on HS2. I tried replacing my DSC IT100 (works great with the HS2 plugin) with the Envisalink 4 which apparently doesn't work with the HS2 Envisalink plugin.

Spud is actually trying to fix it even though he hasn't supported it for 2 years (that's serious customer support!

But it occurs to me that I should probably consider moving pretty soon.

I have 300+ devices (about half of those are insteaon), the ISY plugin, Airplay plugin, DSC plugin(although that would change to Envisalink).

I'm assuming I'll be fine on the plugin front.

I have 400+ events some of which are fired off from vb scripts from other external programs.

So the real question is how is the workflow for converting events over? There was some sort of conversion tool but it didn't really work completely. Is there a seamless way to upgrade or a better way to upgrade?

Also, it looks like I just missed the last sale back in May for $50% off, so I'd definitely be waiting anyways for another sale since they seem to happen a few times a year.

The main reason I haven't upgraded on any of the promotions in the past is because HS2 has been working the way I need it to but I can see it's now long in the tooth. If ISY comes out with a 994 successor and another plugin update, it'll certainly not be updated for HS2.

Comment

Originally posted by sorka View Post
                I have 400+ events some of which are fired off from vb scripts from other external programs.

So the real question is how is the workflow for converting events over? There was some sort of conversion tool but it didn't really work completely. Is there a seamless way to upgrade or a better way to upgrade?
                Events cant be converted-in. The events reference device IDs and since they will be different, there's really no way to bring them in. Most have rebuilt their systems from the ground-up, myself included.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

+1

Here too.

Best to do baby steps.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    Most have rebuilt their systems from the ground-up, myself included.
                    I did the same. I don't think there's a 'short cut' that won't end up being more work that a complete rebuild.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Same here. I ran both on the same computer side by side and moved critical systems over one at a time. Eventually got everything moved and shut off HS2. Better to go slow and steady. Don't try to rush it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X