Vista 128p messages not processed by plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,

Your 128 is acting a little different than other 128s i've seen. so i think i need to make a change to support this new behavior.

the plugin is having trouble with the following message.
    "P3 DISARMED ZONES IN CHECK"

the plugin thinks it needs to send a * to P3 to get the panel to display the zones in check

however, the * cmd isn't affecting the panel, and nothing is being logged related to the specific zone in check. so the cycle continues.

what do you need to do at a keypad to display zones in check?

for future logs and testing. lets keep two partitions in disarm-ready and work with any one partition for now. this will simple the analysis and testing

ps i don't need the ad2usb log dumps
    Last edited by mnsandler; December 4, 2017, 03:04 PM. Reason: ps i don't need the ad2usb log dumps
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I won't be able to set the system into the desired state (two partitions disarmed and ready, the other one we're working on) right away.
      In the meantime, here are a couple of things of interest:

1. To answer your "zone in check" question, I went to work on the physical P3 keypad. As previously reported, our system is VERY sluggish. To make a long story short, I couldn't bypass zones, bypass ALL zones, log in to another partition, or do almost any other command from that keypad unless I waited a full second between each key press - waiting a half second didn't to the trick. More importantly, assuming the system recognized the code entered as the first four keypresses, it can be dangerous for a subsequent keypress to be missed, because then a subsequent keypress that does make it through to the panel can be misinterpreted. That's happened to me on a physical keypad, and I think it's possible that it happened from the plugin.

2. The reason I think that the plugin has sometimes had this issue is
      a) As previously discussed in this thread, you advised me to set the plugin partition keypad addresses to correspond to physical keypads for the respective partitions.
      b) When I did so, we would occasionally get beeps or chimes from the physical keypad when we weren't doing anything physical, and weren't asking the plugin to bypass, arm/disarm, and so forth.
      c) **So I changed the plugin partition addressing to give it a dedicated virtual address on the bus for each partition: 18 is the "master" keypad (from which the plugin issues commands), 19/20/21 are the dedicated keypads (with dedicated single-partition codes) for P1/P2/P3 respectively.

3. Getting the system to report what zone is in check. This isn't a trivial process (and the issue above makes it less trivial). During this testing, zone 042 was the one in check.
      a) At the start of the process, doing a zone review on a partition with one or more zones in check will (at least sometimes) report that zone as faulted, not as in check.
      b) Bypass everything (code + 6 + #). Only worked for me at a snails pace of keypresses.
      c) Panel will display the bypassed zones (including 042, the one in check) as bypassed.
      d) It is then necessary to ARM the partition (I armed for "away").
      e) Then, disarm the partition - this is the way to remove bypasses.
      This step doesn't seem to work unless the partition is armed,
      f) At this point, the system will scroll through zones that aren't closed/ready
      Zone 42 showed up once as "Check" in this process, then went back to "Fault"

I've attached a log of this period with annotations so you don't have to search manually for the P3 activities.

4. during subsequent testing (repeating the above process but trying to bypass, then disarm without arming first), the following occurred:
      a. P3 started out showing "disarmed, zone in check"
      b. I did a global bypass (code + 6 + #)
      c. Instead of seeing "Ready to arm, zones bypassed), I saw
      "Vista 128 System Reset". After that, P3 showed as ready to arm with no checks, and later as disarmed with zone 46 faulted. Did 42 "heal" itself? It's RF...

It does seem a little less sluggish after the reset.

Best,
      Attached Files

Comment

Steve,

1. the plugin appears to be tracking the status of zone 42 correctly from Check to Fault.

I had an RF sensor go bad; it would report Check intermittently. I replaced it.

2. its expected for the keypads to beep based on cmds sent from the plugin. The goto cmds might cause this. its normal. having custom addresses for the plugin is fine.

3. the plugin isn't going to do all this to list zones in check; but typically they zones in check are just listed.

4. Zone 42 will report Check again soon.

1. Do you see the "Hit * to display faults" on any keypads? this is what the Goto seq is supposed to be responding to.

2. not sure why your system is responding so slowly; you will need to research this outside this forum. do you need additional power to support the keypads?
        Last edited by mnsandler; December 5, 2017, 07:49 AM.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks - I'll check the current at the PS to make sure it's within range. I agree that the poor performance isn't an issue for HS or the Plugin :-)

My 128 doesn't display "Hit * to display faults". When a partition has faults, the message is (for partition1):

P1 DISARMED
          ZONES FAULTED

Then it slowly scrolls through the faulted zones:

FAULT 044 GARAGE TILT DOOR
          (etc.)

and then returns to the DISARMED/ZONES FAULTED message.

If a zone is in check, the message is

P1 DISARMED
          ZONES IN CHECK

again followed by a scrolling list of zones not ready.
          Note that the zone in check is displayed as Faulted

I don't have a clue whether Honeywell changed their firmware on the 128 (my panel is new), or if this is generic to all 128s.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveHome View Post
            My 128 doesn't display "Hit * to display faults". When a partition has faults, the message is (for partition1):
            so I think this is a little different from other 128s.

so I think I to add a switch so you can disable the GOTO partition transactions you are seeing now.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok. please try the following and report back

add the following to the [general] section of the vistaalarm.ini

DisableShowFaults=True
              then install .37 from the beta section, and retest

this should prevent all the Goto sequences
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

steve,
                curious if you have tried .37
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Beta 37 looking good

Mark, I've been running .37 for several weeks - it seems solid and the raft of log messages (Sending GOTO, Display fault etc.) are gone with the addition of the "DisplayShowFaults=True" setting.

I have some unexplained (and inconsistent) long delays in recognizing a zone change - for example, a change in a wireless gate or door sensor usually is recognized by the plugin quite quickly (1 or 2 seconds), but it can sometimes take 20-30 seconds. But I've seen this in other (non-Vista) device triggers, so I don't think it's your issue.

Many thanks,

S

Comment

thanks for reporting back. let me know if you figure out anything related to the device trigger delay
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X