Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One small problem...

Good day.
    I am a registered user and like the plugin a lot.
    Only issue for me right now is A/B switching for announcements.
    I have the config set to use input B for announcements.
    I use input A for music, internet radio, etc. and the desired behavior is:
    1. Input A active, listening to music on various speakers
    2. call comes in, my CallerID monitor detects it and sends the caller ID announcement to HS
    3. lrpSpeak switches input to B for the duration of the announcement so everyone listening to music can hear it
    4. rpSpeak returns the AB8SS to input B after the determined delay.

However, this does not happen. Input is not switched to B and back to A for announcements. When announcements come in, the log shows "error sending A/B command"

I have config set to return speakers to their previous state after announcements.

Anyone who has been able to fix this issue?

Many thanks,

Rob

Originally posted by robrice2000 View Post
    Good day.
    I am a registered user and like the plugin a lot.
    Only issue for me right now is A/B switching for announcements.
    I have the config set to use input B for announcements.
    I use input A for music, internet radio, etc. and the desired behavior is:
    1. Input A active, listening to music on various speakers
    2. call comes in, my CallerID monitor detects it and sends the caller ID announcement to HS
    3. lrpSpeak switches input to B for the duration of the announcement so everyone listening to music can hear it
    4. rpSpeak returns the AB8SS to input B after the determined delay.

However, this does not happen. Input is not switched to B and back to A for announcements. When announcements come in, the log shows "error sending A/B command"

I have config set to return speakers to their previous state after announcements.

Anyone who has been able to fix this issue?

Many thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Which version of plugin are you using ? ...I will investigate after you respond.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

2.2.0.8 from the updater

lrpSpeak 2.2.0.8 from the updater.

Thanks for your time!

Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob,

I will test switching A and B here again and make sure I didn't screw it up. I assume you are changing things in the config page and saving your settings, correct ?
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Yep!

Yep!

I should point out that sometimes it does switch from A to B for the announcement but then does not switch back to A after the alloted delay.

Rob

Comment

Further troubleshooting

I have found that when I go to the config page and set the pre and post delay, for instance increase the post delay to 20 seconds, then hit the submit changes button, the new settings are not saved.

Perhaps this is part of the problem?

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X