Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user HS3 Ademco plugin

Mark,

After years of great service from your HS2 Vista plugin, I just licensed the HS3 version of your plugin as I'm getting around to migrating to HS3. I have half-assed configured the plugin (I need to check some panel programming) and can see panel messages. Can't arm or disarm and I'm guessing I have a keypad address problem but my questions are I am getting "breathing" when I am looking at the vista created devices as you can see in the attached image containing two screen shots.

-Rick
    Attached Files
    -Rick

Rick,

they images are too small. try using the screen snipping tool in win10 to just capture the homeseer screen.

1. make sure the address on the config page is unique from other keypad addresses used on physical keypads
    2. set the master code on the config page
    3. create partition 1 within the plugin. the keypad address there can be the same as your physical keypad. also enter the master code
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, my point isn't in the detail, it's that the screen pulsates one smaller, then a second later one bigger, then smaller, etc. I think it's the alternating message from 2 partitions but it makes the screen a struggle to focus on.

I had cloned the setting from HS2 plugin so, pretty certain that's all cool as HS2 still is working fine but I deployed a new keypad for the rollout and may have messed up the addresses of the keypad and will look at the panel tomorrow. Primarily I was just pointing out the odd display I was seeing.

Anyway looking forward to the same happy use from the new plug the old has provided for all these years.

-r

Ps. here is a video of the "breathing" https://youtu.be/keytjbqBFTs
      -Rick

Comment

try hiding the last panel message and see if that helps

in general this is an issue with hs3. the screen is active; always updating and thus reformatting.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, thanks for the suggestion.

I wonder if another approach might be to pad the device status with blanks up to the maximum message the keypad can send and/or constrain the length so that when the device is refreshed it would resize ethe display. Maybe for the next update whenever...

-rick
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
            Mark, thanks for the suggestion.

I wonder if another approach might be to pad the device status with blanks up to the maximum message the keypad can send and/or constrain the length so that when the device is refreshed it would resize ethe display. Maybe for the next update whenever...

-rick
            interesting idea, maybe I'll just break the message into two lines like what you see on the physical keypad. this should help
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X