MS100+ vs Ecolink Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS100+ vs Ecolink Motion

I started equipping my home with the EcoLink motion sensors last year. They have worked really well for me. I need some more units and I'm considering the MS100. Can I expect equally good performance? Any remaining issues for basic motion detection? Thanks!

EDIT = TYPO.

I personally have several ecolink motion detectors and have had no issues with them in a year. the new ms100 i am still have issues with getting status updates in a timely fasion for 2 months now. i am thinking about getting more ecolinks instead of more ms100.

dont take my advice without getting more peoples feedback. i have only had homeseer for about a year and am by no means a pro at this, just giving you my thoughts.

thanks

Comment

Appreciate the reply. The EcoLinks work very well. Love the design of the MS100 but hard to challenge the performance of the EcoLink. I will wait for more feedback before I pull the trigger.

Comment

The ecolink D/W sensors and motion sensors are hard to beat. I have a dozen of them, 6 ea, and they have never failed. Battery life is very good also.

Comment

The MS-100 has been nothing but grief for me as have nearly all Homeseer branded Z-Wave Plus devices. What attracted me to these units was the ability to power them via standard USB. Unfortunately, and I have six (6) of these now collecting dust, they don't stay always on in the same way that Aeon Labs devices that can be optionally powered by USB. On top of that the motion sensing is coin toss. The only real redeeming value that I'd love to see replicated by other vendors, is the mounting hardware. I'm really close to calling it a day as my time is worth more than what I paid for these devices.

Comment

Working...
          X