www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > stefxx Plug-Ins

stefxx Plug-Ins Plug-Ins by stefxx

Old June 16th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Seer Plus

version 3.0.0.14: failed getting interfaceStatus

What I did, use the update feature, after that it was broken.
Tried:
Disable / re-enable plugin > no succes.
Disable plugin, shutdown HSpro, restart HSpro, enable plugin > no succes
Tried deleting and reinstall, only after first disable, and restart of HS i could delete it. Reinstall of 3.0.0.14 > no succes.

I think im now out of options
The log says this:
Quote:
jun-16 22:00:22 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Buienradar
jun-16 22:00:22 Error Initializing plug-in(2): Buienradar Instance::String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
jun-16 22:00:21 Buienradar Initializing plugin Buienradar version 3.0.0.14
jun-16 22:00:21 Info Plugin Buienradar has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:52410
Old June 16th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Seer Master

That is strange... did you remove any of the buienradar devices manually?

We can try two things:
- Enable developer mode and restart the plugin. That should reveal an errormessage that should point me in the right direction (please share a screendump of the error), or
- Remove the buienrader.ini from the config directory and remove all buienradar devices (incl. the status device). This off course means you will loose all settings but could probably get you up and running quickly.

I prefer the first as I might be able to prevent this error in the future. Thanks!
Old June 16th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Seer Plus

Here the screenshot of developer mode.
Other options have to wait till tomorrow because have to get up early tomorrow
Attached Images

Old June 17th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Seer Master

Thanks. However, I don't see the plugin crashing in the developer window... I would expect it to crash as soon as you start the plugin, based on your description...
Old June 17th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Seer Plus

In the event overview it say: "The plug-in Buienradar is not running or is not connected to HomeSeer"
Ive now disabled the 2 events so my log > no succes.

Deleted all buienrader devices. Deleted the plugin. Renamed the ini file so that i would have backup. Reinstalled plugin, location was empty.
Entered the location again and plugin said it was disconnected. So restart of homeseer and the error came again:
Quote:
Initializing plug-in(2): Buienradar Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
The new ini file is:
Quote:
[Settings]
Version=3.0.0.14
The old one
Quote:
[Settings]
Version=3.0.0.14
[Options]
GraphType=Curved lines
GraphBackgroundColor=White
GraphXYAsColor=Black
GraphColor=Blue
Speak=unchecked
TextParamDevice=%Precipitation%\nStart: %PrecipitationStart%\nStop: %PrecipitationStop%\nIntensity: %PrecipitationIntensity%\nAverage: %PrecipitationAverage% mm/h\nMaximum: %PrecipitationMax% mm/h
TextPrecipitation=Verwachte neerslag
TextNoPrecipitation=Geen neerslag verwacht
Debug=unchecked
Fake=unchecked
Old June 18th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Seer Plus

Here the event overview, notice how value 0,3 is displayed as 3 when event line details are closed.
Attached Images

Old July 11th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Seer Deluxe

I got the same problem. I just installed for the first time version 3.0.0.14.

When I start Homeseer I get:
Starting up....

2015-07-12 18:16:53 ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): Buienradar Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

And the plugin sais:
WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Buienradar - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
Old July 11th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Seer Master

Thanks for reporting. I am currently on vacation but will contact you when I get back to find a solution.

In the meantime, please tell me if you have used a previous version of Buienradar and if so, what version. And perhaps send me a PM with your email address so I can send you a debug version when I get back.
Old July 11th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

I have not been using any earlier version of the plugin.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 01:24 PM
Seer Master

Ok, this crashing of the plugin (for just a few people) remains a mystery. For Agwan is seems not to crash anymore but his location is not supported. For The-Source is seems reverting back to 3.0.0.13 solves the problem but the changes should not be the reason of this issue...

If anyone else sees this issue please report to me. Please enable debug, and if the plugin does not start at all create/edit the Buienradar.ini (in the config directory) and add the following before attempting another start:

[Options]
Debug=checked

Enable developer mode, create a screenshot and send all the relevant logs to me (also check Windows eventlogs, minidumps created etc) and hopefully we can resolve this once and for all.

Thanks!
Old July 25th, 2015, 04:30 AM
Super Seer

i tracked the error so far and its dot net related ,

i updated my dot net yesterday to 4.5.2 and than i got this error ,

before i had no dot net 4.0 , because of my new windows install of 1 week ago i totally forget..

HS3Pro 3.0.0.435 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB. 687 Devices, 480Events
Old July 26th, 2015, 03:40 AM
Seer Master

This issue is resolved in version 3.0.0.16, available in the HS3 updater.

Malosa, thank you for helping me on this issue!