How much data is "too much"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much data is "too much"?

Okay, I was just configuring some "older" devices and it was taking alot of time just to open. I realised it was because there now is a "Device History" tab which wasn't there earlier... Yes, it is THAT long since I configured some devices.

I started looking into it, and saw that my database file was huge! 1.4 GB!

I don't think I've set it to purge old data (why would I? It's a database! ).
    I purged some data (set it to 550 days, 1.5 years). And it's much faster.

But even that is rather slow...

How many days are you guys storing?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Okay, I was just configuring some "older" devices and it was taking alot of time just to open. I realised it was because there now is a "Device History" tab which wasn't there earlier... Yes, it is THAT long since I configured some devices.

I started looking into it, and saw that my database file was huge! 1.4 GB!

I don't think I've set it to purge old data (why would I? It's a database! ).

I purged some data (set it to 550 days, 1.5 years). And it's much faster.

But even that is rather slow...

How many days are you guys storing?

Comment

For how many days are you keeping data?
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

For how many days are you keeping data?
        365000 days

---
        John

Comment

Haha! OK, you have not pruned anything yet.

Comment

Haha! OK, you have not pruned anything yet.
            Correct

---
            John

Comment

Working...
            X