Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please see this thread for my question about stops in the audio with the latest beta:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1009911

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
      Finally i got around to test the new Beta.

Looks better indeed, but still a couple of comments. Sorry..

Playlists, can you do the same magic you did with "Whats new?" This will solve the max 3 levels problem.

ie: Playlists - Background music

"Top 100 Tracks" work, but the one called "top 100" does not list anything.

In "Genres", is there some way i can change your default names like LMS_MyApps? Would be nice to call it something more friendly.

Do you know if its possible to change sort order in listboxes for IOS?

And finnaly - While your solution to the max levels problem is good - Is there somehow a way we can convince Homeseer to expand on this? Do you as a developer have more influence on this than us?
      Playlists should include the one level flattened organization, See the screenshot below from one of may HSTouch screens.

You cannot currently change the root names (LMS_MyApps, etc). I am open for any suggestion to better name them. Not sure if I can make them user selectable without too many side effects (while the system/HSTouch is already running).

I am not sure if you can change the list box sort order in HSTouch especially for Music entries.

On the last subject, I collected notes and suggestions how to make the Music API more flexible including navigation to arbitraty depth. I was plan to send it to HomeSeer, but have not done so yet.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pcp; March 4, 2012, 04:05 PM. Reason: Oops forgot screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        It seems like Music API just stopped. The current playlist box in HStouch is empty, and my textboxes with Track Title, Artist name, etc are not updating...
        It happened again!
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Moskus:
          Are you using Spotify?

If yes, make sure that you are using the Triode third party Spotify plugin not the Logitech plugin.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79706

The SqueezeBox plugin doesn't work with the Logitech Spotify plugin and besides the Triode version is much better.
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
            Moskus:
            Are you using Spotify?

If yes, make sure that you are using the Triode third party Spotify plugin not the Logitech plugin.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79706

The SqueezeBox plugin doesn't work with the Logitech Spotify plugin and besides the Triode version is much better.
            Yes. And yes.

I have Duet so the only way to make Spotify work on that is to use Triodes plugin...

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              It happened again!
              This happens to me too.
              Also, no flattened playlist or lbrary while it works.

Comment

Markus, which beta version of the plugin are you using?

Comment

I'm using the beta 3. Will try beta 4 tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                    On the last subject, I collected notes and suggestions how to make the Music API more flexible including navigation to arbitraty depth. I was plan to send it to HomeSeer, but have not done so yet.
                    Hi PCP,

I've asked Rich in the past whether this embedded navigation behavior can be made configurable, as in put in an .ini file the different selections and the relation between them. I struggle with the same limitations on my Sonos and DLNA plug-ins. Having two (minor) changes would already help a lot:

1. Is to make the start selection configurable (tracks, genre, album, artist, playlist) so you can add radiostations, audiobooks, podcasts ...
                    2. Have the plugin return to the calling HS server whether it reached the lowest level of navigation (meaning if you click on it now it will play rather then select to next level) so you can go deeper than the current implementation

Let me know if I can help, hope HS3 will have improvements in this area but I'm not holding my breath.

Dirk

Maybe we should

Comment

MP3 option in TTS speech proxy

How do I send/play mp3 soundfiles for announce in V2.1.0.4, and how fast respond is it. I would like to use the function for doorbell etc. Have a large squeezebox network. Right now I'm using hs-speaker for announce.
                      "Option in plugin configuration page to use mp3 files in the TTS speech proxy"
                      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                      --
                      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                        How do I send/play mp3 soundfiles for announce in V2.1.0.4, and how fast respond is it. I would like to use the function for doorbell etc. Have a large squeezebox network. Right now I'm using hs-speaker for announce.
                        Hi,

I to would like to get this to work.

I have a tick in Enabled Speak Proxy and Use MP3.
                        I have the speak volume on the player at 50 and the main volume at 50 but i don't get anything.

Greig.
                        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                          If your goal is to play some sound (mp3), the easiest is to pick a song (or natural sounds / effect) from your LMS library and use the HS2 SqueezeBox plugin APIs / Music APIs to play this sound from your library on the desired players. If you want to speak text on SqueezeBox player, you should us the plugin built in TTS.

If you want to do both, i.e. play a sound followed by text to speak, you can create an event with two speak actions: the first to play a wav file (if I recall, it only accepts wav files) and the second for the text to speak. The SqueezeBox plugin will convert the wav file to an mp3 before playing it on the players if option "use mp3" is selected.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                            Hi PCP,

I've asked Rich in the past whether this embedded navigation behavior can be made configurable, as in put in an .ini file the different selections and the relation between them. I struggle with the same limitations on my Sonos and DLNA plug-ins. Having two (minor) changes would already help a lot:

1. Is to make the start selection configurable (tracks, genre, album, artist, playlist) so you can add radiostations, audiobooks, podcasts ...
                            2. Have the plugin return to the calling HS server whether it reached the lowest level of navigation (meaning if you click on it now it will play rather then select to next level) so you can go deeper than the current implementation

Let me know if I can help, hope HS3 will have improvements in this area but I'm not holding my breath.

Dirk

Maybe we should
                            I was planning to do a writeup this weekend but last week's travel with cancelled flights and delays decided otherwise.

Anyways stepping back, I believe the music browsing/playing APIs could be made much more generic (i.e. take a level of abstraction) without introducing the specific notion of artists, albums, radios, etc.

I could imagine we could have only one API to browse the content that would return an array of structures with key/value/isMusic/hasChildren entries. The isMusic would be a boolean to indicate if the node can be played (does not have to be a leaf). hasChildren would be a boolean as well and would indicate it this is the leaf of the tree (tracks typically). This music API to browse would use one argument (maybe another for the player id/name): the parent key for which to browse children nodes ; the parent node could be null/empty if this is the top node (i.e. albums, artists, as desired by the plugin developer). The API to play music would also take the key argument specifying the music to play (instead of genre, etc currently). Whoever builds music plugin would then have to manage the key as best suited for his application (which could be a hash key, a database key, a dot separated node id list, etc). I believe this could make the music browsing APIs quite abstract / generic and provide the breadth (radios, podcasts, movies, etc) and the depth browsing we are looking for.

Comment

I'm now running the latest beta (4) and it looks pretty good!

I do, however, have some small comments:
                              - Do the device type have to be named "Device Type"? We know it's a device type, it says so on the column name. The field could just say "Squeezebox".

- Why can't devices I choose to hide stay hidden? They tend to forget that they're hidden for some reason.

- It seems like my mysterious "Disconnect" message still sometimes show up, but most of the time, the music doesn't stop playing. Great!

Comment

Great news!

When you say "They tend to forget that they're hidden for some reason", when do they tend to appear again? Is it when you restart HS2 or at other times?

Good point about the device type! Not sure if I can change this without impact much existing installations, I will have to check.

Comment

Working...
                                X