X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature requests

Please add your feature requests here.

I will update this post with the current status and expected availability of the requests in future versions.
    • Support for more than 3 hubs
      Implemented in version 3.2, add 2 to support 5 hubs in total
    • One activity device per Hub with dropdown list of activities
      Implemented in version 3.2
    • Ability to rename the hub name
      Implemented in version 3.3
    • HS devices for hub devices with control buttons or dropdownlist
      Implemented in version 3.3
    Last edited by Rien du Pre; January 28, 2016, 09:26 AM. Reason: Version update
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

I just got my first Harmony Hub, and it's really one of the important thing missing from my setup. This plugin is awesome!

But I have some wishes.

1: Events action for Activities
    Make a Harmony action for Activities, not only Devices. It's faster and more readable than having to control a device.

2: Devices for... errr... devices
    Make devices for the Harmony controlled Devices as well, not only Activities. This would help control the Hub from HStouch (and my WP app) and the HS device management page.

3: One Activity device pr hub
    I was a little surprised that one Hub had multiple devices, one for each activity. Does that make sense?
    I would prefer it if one Hub just had one device, and then the status shows the current Activity.

Again, making a HStouch project using this plugin would benefit great by doing this (add a text filed for the device status, and a drop down list to change setting from "Watch TV" to "Listen to music" or "Turn off").

4: Some recommandations for poll interval
    I've been searching for this but have yet to find anything useful. How often can I poll the Hub without doing something "wrong"?

Ideally the Hub would push it's Activity change to HS, but I guess that's not an option.

But still: Solid plugin, I like it alot!
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

For the love of god, can you allow the Harmony Remote to control Homeseer? This seems like the #1 most important request... I am shocked it only goes from Homeseer to the Harmony, and not Harmony to Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by vv7 View Post
        For the love of god, can you allow the Harmony Remote to control Homeseer? This seems like the #1 most important request... I am shocked it only goes from Homeseer to the Harmony, and not Harmony to Homeseer.
        I guess you need to take this up with Logitech, not the plugin author...
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

You could show some more respect to the work Rien has put into this (and other !) plugins (for free!)

Keep up the good work !
          Last edited by kriz83; March 20, 2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Logitech has not given me access to a (public) API. As long as they don't allow other developers to write custom interfaces, my hands are tied (just like many others who requested Logitech to open up their Harmony Hub based system)

See the Logitech forum for more info.

I submitted a new (3rd) request to give me access to the API.
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

1. I didn't knew this was faster, I choose the 'easy' way. Programming triggers and actions is difficult (I don't why they make it soo difficult)
              I will add this to the list however.

2.Off course I can create devices, but with what purpose ? What do you want to do with them ?

3. Fair point, but has all to do with my 'lazy way' of implementing (device) actions
              If I have implemented 1, I can easily implement 3 too.

4. Is not possible, at least not that I know off. If I get my hands on the API, it may be doable.
              I'm in good contact with the Vera harmony hub 'plugin' programmer, we share the same issues and we keep each other informed.

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              I just got my first Harmony Hub, and it's really one of the important thing missing from my setup. This plugin is awesome!

But I have some wishes.

1: Events action for Activities
              Make a Harmony action for Activities, not only Devices. It's faster and more readable than having to control a device.

2: Devices for... errr... devices
              Make devices for the Harmony controlled Devices as well, not only Activities. This would help control the Hub from HStouch (and my WP app) and the HS device management page.

3: One Activity device pr hub
              I was a little surprised that one Hub had multiple devices, one for each activity. Does that make sense?
              I would prefer it if one Hub just had one device, and then the status shows the current Activity.

Again, making a HStouch project using this plugin would benefit great by doing this (add a text filed for the device status, and a drop down list to change setting from "Watch TV" to "Listen to music" or "Turn off").

4: Some recommandations for poll interval
              I've been searching for this but have yet to find anything useful. How often can I poll the Hub without doing something "wrong"?

Ideally the Hub would push it's Activity change to HS, but I guess that's not an option.

But still: Solid plugin, I like it alot!
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                1. I didn't knew this was faster, I choose the 'easy' way. Programming triggers and actions is difficult (I don't why they make it soo difficult)
                I will add this to the list however.

2.Off course I can create devices, but with what purpose ? What do you want to do with them ?

3. Fair point, but has all to do with my 'lazy way' of implementing (device) actions
                If I have implemented 1, I can easily implement 3 too.

4. Is not possible, at least not that I know off. If I get my hands on the API, it may be doable.
                I'm in good contact with the Vera harmony hub 'plugin' programmer, we share the same issues and we keep each other informed.

1. It's not too bad the way it is now, and if it's a matter of prioritizing, I much rather want devices for Devices too.

2. With devices for Devices I can easily control the AV-devices from my existing HS-projects without having to create events for them first. It's just a matter of finding the correct CAPI-control, which is much easier.

3. Ah, I see!
                But the way it is now, making HStouch project is so much harder. Otherwise, I'd just make dropdown box and select the Action from there.

4. Very good. Hope you get access to the API, I can't understand why they are protecting it like it's a nuclear secret...

Comment

2. With devices for Devices I can easily control the AV-devices from my existing HS-projects without having to create events for them first. It's just a matter of finding the correct CAPI-control, which is much easier.
                  Ok so you want a HS device of all Hub devices with a dropdown list of al the possible (IR)commands of that device ??

Is this correct ? I don't understand this in conjunction with HSTouch. For activities you rather want event actions instead of device actions and for devices you want device action instead of event actions

I want to be sure I understand your needs
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Ok so you want a HS device of all Hub devices with a dropdown list of al the possible (IR)commands of that device ??

Is this correct ? I don't understand this in conjunction with HSTouch. For activities you rather want event actions instead of device actions and for devices you want device action instead of event actions

I want to be sure I understand your needs
                    I'm sorry if I'm not making my self clear, it might also be that my english is crappy. I'll try to explain better.

For Actions, I mostly want Event Actions for readability and accessability. It's much faster to find the wanted Action in a limited list, than in the list of all devices (I have 5-600 devices).

Here the first Event Action could read "Harmony Hub will run Action 'Se TV' on Hub 1".

Below is a screenshot from the Device created for my Samsung TV by the MediaController plugin. I want something similar for the devices controlled by the Harmony Hub:

... although it can also be handled like the UltraGCIR plugin does, in a combobox:

Either way, all commands can be easily accessed using HStouch, JSON, my TextSeer (and WPseer) plugin. And it's easier to create custom HStouch projects for my kids (and wife).

Was this helpful?
                    Or are you just labeling me as crazy?

Comment

It's perfectly clear now

Let me see what I can do....

I'm sorry if I'm not making my self clear, it might also be that my english is crappy. I'll try to explain better.

For Actions, I mostly want Event Actions for readability and accessability. It's much faster to find the wanted Action in a limited list, than in the list of all devices (I have 5-600 devices).

Here the first Event Action could read "Harmony Hub will run Action 'Se TV' on Hub 1".

Below is a screenshot from the Device created for my Samsung TV by the MediaController plugin. I want something similar for the devices controlled by the Harmony Hub:

... although it can also be handled like the UltraGCIR plugin does, in a combobox:

Either way, all commands can be easily accessed using HStouch, JSON, my TextSeer (and WPseer) plugin. And it's easier to create custom HStouch projects for my kids (and wife).

Was this helpful?
                      Or are you just labeling me as crazy?
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Hi,

I'm having second thoughts....

I am not convinced that having one HS device per Hub for activities is making things easier and certainly not a HS device per hub device with all possible control buttons listed.

I think it's very easy to create an event with all device actions which does the job and then execute this event via HSTouch or any other interface/program.

I'm afraid that changing this to your needs will maybe cause other users to complain and want to change it back to how it's implemented now.
                        To me it's not a lack of functionality but another way to use the plug-in.

I changed the plugin to support now 5 hubs !!! (It is not published yet, waiting your feedback, see below)

I want to ask all current users to tell me your thoughts, before I put a lot of work into it and not everybody is happy about it.

Thanks
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Hi,

I'm having second thoughts....

I am not convinced that having one HS device per Hub for activities is making things easier and certainly not a HS device per hub device with all possible control buttons listed.

I think it's very easy to create an event with all device actions which does the job and then execute this event via HSTouch or any other interface/program.

I'm afraid that changing this to your needs will maybe cause other users to complain and want to change it back to how it's implemented now.
                          To me it's not a lack of functionality but another way to use the plug-in.
                          I was more surprised that I was the first one to comment on this. Doesn't the other users use the web interface or HStouch?

I still think having one device for Activities per Hub is the most logic layout. What do you do if you want a webpage or HStouch to display the currently used activity?

And yes, it is not technically hard to create alot of Events. But as you already list the device actions in your plugin, it would be much, much faster and easier for you create a device with all the actions, than for me to create 30, 40 or perhaps 50 events to do the same. The Event Actions aren't directly accessible from HStouch or the web, and that's what I'm hoping to change.

I can see that you are getting second thoughts, but should it really be that much to rewrite?
                          Can I just have devices for device actions then? Should be somewhat doable, as you already have them listed as Event Actions...

Comment

Will there in the near future be possible to get the logitech controller to launch events etc? I would like that when i use different buttons on the controller to do things in HS. For now i can see that activities is the only solution. But i have had bad experience with it, in form of that the status updates very late. making it very much useless for me.
                            Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
                              Will there in the near future be possible to get the logitech controller to launch events etc? I would like that when i use different buttons on the controller to do things in HS. For now i can see that activities is the only solution. But i have had bad experience with it, in form of that the status updates very late. making it very much useless for me.
                              Maybe when they open up their API, which Logitech promised for this year. But they have promised more than they fullfill....
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X