www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > stefxx Plug-Ins

stefxx Plug-Ins Plug-Ins by stefxx

Old July 8th, 2015, 05:01 AM
OverSeer

End of rain

Steff,

I am playing with your plugin to see if it can replace my old script which creates a graph through google graphs from buienradar data. So far I really like the plugin, but still have some questions...

I notice when there are two showers in the graph, say one in 5 minutes, lasting 10 minutes and another shower after 1 hour, the end is set to "Unknown". Is it possible to set this to the first dry moment instead?
In my sample End would then be set to 15 minutes.

Regen verwacht
Start: 00:00
Eind: Unknown
Hoeveelheid: Moderate
Gemiddeld: 0,73 mm/uur
Maximum: 10,00 mm/uu

Another parameter I am missing is how much rain is falling this moment - I can see average and maximum, but I would also like to see current?

That way I could catch the currrent and use it to calculate total rain during this day as well, which I am also doing in my old script. It gives a reasonable estimate on how much rain has been falling.

Thanks!

Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts
Old July 8th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Seer Master

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the suggestions. When I return from my vacation I will look into them. In the meantime, can you explain a little more what and how you like to calculate current rain? Just the amount of rain 'now' or perhaps a function to calculate rain during a certain period of time?

Btw, you can already get the past, current and predicted precipitation with a script function (just use the PRECIP_HHMM syntax with 5 minute intervals), please see the documentation in the 'docs' folder.
Old July 8th, 2015, 09:13 AM
OverSeer

Stef,

I have tried with the PRECIP_HHMM, but it seems a bit hit and miss with the script. It is running whenever the devices for buienradar change, wich is never on a 5 minute boundary. Maybe I have to play a bit more with the script to get it right.

What I am doing with my old script for is just take the current rain value (mm/hour), divide it by 60 and muliplying it by 5 as it is rain per 5 minutes - (mm/60)*5
This result I add to a daily variable to show the total amount of the day. Once per day the script resets the variable currently.
Of course this is only a rough measurement, but over a full day it is comparing close enough to my glass measurer in the garden

Wim
Old July 22nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
Seer Master

Hi Wim,

Please download version 3.0.0.15. It has a few new options I think you will like:

Improved: Script parameter PRECIP_XXYY now rounds (down) to a valid 5 minute time
New: Script parameter PRECIP_NOW added
New: PrecipitationFirstStop added, as script function and replacement variable in precipitation device

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!
Old July 24th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Super Seer

how does this in the new version work ?

HS3Pro 3.0.0.435 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB. 687 Devices, 480Events
Old July 24th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Seer Master

Sorry, your question is not really clear to me. But if you want to use the first "end of rain" period instead of the last, then replace %PrecipitationStop% with %PrecipicationFirstStop% in the plugin config.
Old July 24th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Super Seer

no its ok , thats what i wanted to ask , about what change in the variable , but now i know .

thanks , and have a nice weekend !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefxx View Post
Sorry, your question is not really clear to me. But if you want to use the first "end of rain" period instead of the last, then replace %PrecipitationStop% with %PrecipicationFirstStop% in the plugin config.
Old July 24th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Super Seer

i did try it , and get this error at hs startup

24-Jul-15 18:50:35 ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): Buienradar Instance::String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()