Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices working from remote, but not from HS

Hello,

Thank you for the great plugin. I'm on my trial period and have some difficulties controlling some of my devices.

Configuring the hub, activities and devices went pretty well. I can switch between my activities without any problems. All of my devices are created and have drop down menus with their controls.

I have a problem with one generic LED light strip, which is being controlled by the Harmony. It has controls like Power Toggle, Light 1, Light 2, Scene 1, Scene 2, etc. All these controls are visible from HomeSeer, however the only working are Lights and Scene ones. The Power Toggle is not working - although it works from the remote and the Android app. I checked if the IR is blinking /with a camera pointed to it/ while the power toggle is chosen from the drop down and it's not. So HomeSeer just doesn't send the command.

I have absolutely the same issue with Fujitsu AC control - have to commands learned 24 degrees auto and 30 degrees high - working fine from the remote and app, but not working from HomeSeer.

It seems, that all my other commands are working as expected.

Please note, the commands for the AC and LED strips are learned from the original remotes.

Tried restarting the plugin, Homeseer, rescan of activites - nothing helped.
    Tried firing the command from event - again no luck.

Log:

Oct-27 23:17:53 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 38754840 Command: Power Toggle
    Oct-27 23:17:53 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub CAPIcontrol values: Hub1-Logitech Harmony Hub Device-1-RGB led Generic-38754840-Power Toggle
    Oct-27 23:17:50 Kinect TRACE Phrase rejected =
    Oct-27 23:17:50 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 38754840 Command: Light1
    Oct-27 23:17:50 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub CAPIcontrol values: Hub1-Logitech Harmony Hub Device-2-RGB led Generic-38754840-Light1
    Oct-27 23:17:50 Kinect TRACE Phrase hypothesized = Alexa, Confidence=0.01871934
    Oct-27 23:17:50 Kinect TRACE Speech Detected:
    Oct-27 23:16:34 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Update Activity reference/status is : 16----Hub1=2
    Oct-27 23:16:34 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub reference/status is : 16--Watch TV--Active--2
    Oct-27 23:16:34 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: 19365576 -
    Oct-27 23:16:00 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 34873742 Command: 24 auto
    Oct-27 23:16:00 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub CAPIcontrol values: Hub1-Logitech Harmony Hub Device-1-Fujitsu Climate Control-34873742-24 auto
    Oct-27 23:16:00 Event Event Trigger "Test test AC 24 auto"
    Oct-27 23:13:03 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 34873742 Command: 24 auto
    Oct-27 23:13:03 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub CAPIcontrol values: Hub1-Logitech Harmony Hub Device-1-Fujitsu Climate Control-34873742-24 auto
    Oct-27 23:12:57 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 38754840 Command: Power Toggle
    Oct-27 23:12:57 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub CAPIcontrol values: Hub1-Logitech Harmony Hub Device-1-RGB led Generic-38754840-Power Toggle
    Oct-27 23:12:20 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 38754840 Command: Scene3
    Oct-27 23:12:20 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub CAPIcontrol values: Hub1-Logitech Harmony Hub Device-7-RGB led Generic-38754840-Scene3
    For example, Scene 3, Light 1 are working, Power Toggle is not. I cannot find any difference in the log...

Details about my setup - still testing:

Current Date/Time: 27-Oct-16 11:29:08 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.297
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 17 Minutes 41 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.149
    Number of Devices: 25
    Number of Events: 6
    Available Threads: 800

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT
    3.0.0.31: EnvisaLink
    3.6.0.0: Harmony Hub
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.0.45: Kinect
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave
    Last edited by poplo; March 11, 2018, 11:22 AM. Reason: Adding "Solved:" in the heading

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Comment

Yes I have the same problem, I have a fan that I have working within the Harmony app on my phone, but 3 of the commands will not work in homeseer via the plugin. I have rescanned, deleted and recreated the devices but nothing works. I have turned on debug and I can see the commands in the logs, but nothing happens, the light on the front of the hub does not blink for those commands.

Comment

Yep, I tried the same, but nothing helped. I'm near my trial end now and it will be a pitty if I can't run commands to my AC.

Edit:

Found something interesting in another thread /first thread, when there was no dedicated section for the plugin/

This it the post:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....&postcount=100

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
        Rien,

As already communicated, Functioning great now with use of 3 hubs . the discrete commands via events work also fine. However see something strange but not sure why this happens, I dont think its related to the plugin.

As state i also control 2 airco units in my house. And i would like to power them on or off via the hubs. I cannot use the Poweroff and poweronn command via events, Then nothing happens on the hub (no blinking led) when the event triggers. However when i duplicate the On and off command in the harmony software as e.g. on_2 and on_2 and learn the commands, it works when these commands are selected.

greetz

Bart

Has anyone tried this? I'll try it tonight when I get home and will give feedback.
        Last edited by poplo; November 24, 2016, 04:50 AM.

Comment

I would like to post an update on the topic.

I'm now almost finished with building my new home and the HVAC is based on several Fujitsu wall AC units.

Never really managed to start any learned command on the Harmony via Homeseer. It was just not working.

Following Bart's advice, I tried to recreate a command with another name, however that was also not working. Note: My exact Fujitsu model was not included in the Logitech's database, so I was creating commands in a fresh new device. That was the problem.

Then I created new Air Condition device from another Fujitsu model. It had 5 commands, including temperature up, down, power toggle and fan speed up or down. I created a command with name "PowerToggle_2" (it had PowerToggle) and learned a command which turns on the AC, sets the fan to auto and sets the temp to 23 degrees, then synced the remote. The original 5 commands were not working from the remote (may be because I selected another Fujitsu model), however the learned one "PowerToggle_2" was sending the command and beeping on the AC.

Rescanned the devices from the plugin and then added the new device. "PowerToggle 2" command is now working like charm from HS, which is enabling me to teach bunch of commands and then control everything via eventsfrom HS.

I do have another problem. 3 of these AC wall units are in a big room, about 60 square meters with high ceilings. I would like to control every single one of them to a separate fan speed. For example - when I'm near one of the units (eating dinner in the living room part) to have the fan lowered automatically by HS. I see this only with 3 different Harmony remotes (which is absolute overkill) or USBUIRT or RM Broadlink remote (don't think there's plugin for that one). Any ideas?

Huge thanks to Bart for the post, I would never find that.

Cheers, Borislav

Comment

Working...
          X