Discussions related to HS3 build 435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Do you have more than one active network connection? Right now, it only supports one connection. You can specify a specific connection in the settings.ini file (now documented in the HS3 help file).
    Rich;

Is the only setting still "gServerAddressBind"? Does this now point HSSentry as well as the web server to that IP address? The reason I ask, is that HSSEntry is still causing HS to continually restart when there are 2 adapters.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it in the help file:

HSSentry

Enables a small monitoring program the monitors the built in web server. If the server does not respond, the system is restarted. This program is started when HomeSeer is started and it sends a small request to the HomeSeer webserver. If the server does not respond it will terminate the HomeSeer exe and then restart it. On Linux, it will restart the computer HomeSeer is running. The Sentry program gets the IP address of HomeSeer using the IP of the system it is running on. In the case where the system may have multiple IP addresses the IP address may be manually set by editing the settings.ini file in the HomeSeer Config folder. In the "Settings" section add line like:

SentryIP=IPADDRESS

The port number is obtained from the same settings file and is the port number that is set in the HomeSeer settings.

The number of errors that the sentry will allow before restarting is set with the setting:

SentryErrorCount=#

The default error count is 7.

The frequency of how often it checks the web server is set in the setting:

SentryCheckInterval=SECONDS

The default is 20 seconds.
    Last edited by randy; May 1, 2018, 06:25 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I added: SentryIP=(my HS server IP) to the settings file at the top. The machine still goes into continuous restart until I disable the second adaptor. Is there anything else to try? I would really like to be able to use the second adaptor while using HSSentry.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I only use two timers and two counters. The counters are only used in the morning, to increase the light in two rooms, step by step.

Two mornings in a row now, the BLLED plugin has stopped working during this time (and has to be restarted). I also see the queuing error message in the log during this time.

I've now deleted the four devices for counters and timers. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          Rich,
          One thing that can cause a lot of callbacks is having timers running. Since you added a device representing each timer, the device's value and string are updated every second when the timer is running.
          Does the overhead for HSTouch script calls like [$TIME=hh:mm tt] in a text field create the same problem in v435?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks, I forwarded this to the developer to look at.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            Not sure if this is for this thread as a bug or not but the new plugin management system for updater submissions (which is a great step BTW thanks) does not point the release information in the updater to the correct web page (I am talking about the link to release info on each plugin), it points to /interfaces in the HS web server rather then the correct URL specified when the plugin is submitted.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

$TIME does not make a script call, but $SCRIPT does. I am not sure what problem you are referring to.

As for callbacks related to timers, yes timers will generate more callbacks but plugins should handle callbacks very quickly and I suspect some are doing work in their HSEvent function and slowing down processing.

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              Does the overhead for HSTouch script calls like [$TIME=hh:mm tt] in a text field create the same problem in v435?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                As for callbacks related to timers, yes timers will generate more callbacks but plugins should handle callbacks very quickly and I suspect some are doing work in their HSEvent function and slowing down processing.
                I agree. It just happened that the timer device callbacks pushed my system too far, and it was something easy to fix because I was not using those devices. If I had been using those devices, we'd still have an issue. It also could have been any other devices that change rapidly and generate lots of callbacks. The plugin authors need to fix their plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  I only use two timers and two counters. The counters are only used in the morning, to increase the light in two rooms, step by step.

Two mornings in a row now, the BLLED plugin has stopped working during this time (and has to be restarted). I also see the queuing error message in the log during this time.

I've now deleted the four devices for counters and timers. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
                  No error today.
                  Something in regard to the devices for counters and timers is perhaps a little off...
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I've been running .435 for some days now with no issues at all. This afternoon out of the blue it was crashing and restarting. I disabled HSSentry thinking that might be an issue. Now no more crashing but I get this error upon startup:

5/4/2018 3:42:51 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to start plug-in API: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
                    So none of the plugins can load. I disabled the load plugins in the background option and now the startup log in the software, not the web interface, is showing each plugin loading and they are each taking just over 15 seconds. It never finishes and then HS crashes and restarts. This is with HSSentry disabled mind you. I reverted to a backup from last night and all was good for a few hours but then went pear shaped again. Memory usage seems normal. I'm getting frustrated here.

Starting up....

5/4/2018 3:48:37 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to start plug-in API: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
                    5/4/2018 3:48:57 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~BLGarbage loaded in 15097 milliseconds
                    5/4/2018 3:49:12 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Device Comparison 3P loaded in 15058 milliseconds
                    5/4/2018 3:49:27 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Tracker loaded in 15013 milliseconds
                    5/4/2018 3:49:42 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~UltraCID3 loaded in 15085 milliseconds

And so on.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

The message indicates that a plugin is still running. Try a restart of the system. Not sure why some plugins are not shutting down.

You can also check the task manage and make sure no hspi_xxx exe's are running when you start HS.

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                      I've been running .435 for some days now with no issues at all. This afternoon out of the blue it was crashing and restarting. I disabled HSSentry thinking that might be an issue. Now no more crashing but I get this error upon startup:

So none of the plugins can load. I disabled the load plugins in the background option and now the startup log in the software, not the web interface, is showing each plugin loading and they are each taking just over 15 seconds. It never finishes and then HS crashes and restarts. This is with HSSentry disabled mind you. I reverted to a backup from last night and all was good for a few hours but then went pear shaped again. Memory usage seems normal. I'm getting frustrated here.

And so on.

Comment

I'm having a strange problem. Below are 2 events. Event xxx0 calls event xxx1.

When I click on the ">" icon of event xxx0 (the blue icon to run it), while my Ceiling Light is On, the action of event xxx1 is never called.

The HomeSeer log file says (in reverse chronological order):

May-04 4:42:09 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Security System xxx1
                        May-04 4:42:09 PM Event Event Trigger "Security System xxx0"
                        May-04 4:42:09 PM Event Event Security System xxx0 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

My Ceiling Light is definitely on (confirmed that HomeSeer has the correct status).

Am I doing something wrong or something to do with event changes in 435?

Thanks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

@S-F
                          I've been running .435 for some days now with no issues at all. This afternoon out of the blue it was crashing and restarting. I disabled HSSentry thinking that might be an issue
                          There have been some issues since the April Windows 10 update.

Take a look at this: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195556

It ight be related, or maybe not. No harm in checking.

M
                          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                            @S-F

There have been some issues since the April Windows 10 update.

Take a look at this: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195556

It ight be related, or maybe not. No harm in checking.

M
                            I'm not running Windows 10, but an earlier version.

The scenario I described happened right after a restart.........
                            Originally posted by rprade
                            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I upgraded from version 368. Were there any changes in the handling of Group Conditions? In the two events that I mentioned, event xxx0 calls event xxx1, but xxx1's actions are not executed, even though xxx1's conditions are satisfied. These two events are in a group that contains Group Conditions. If the Group Conditions are satisfied, then event xxx1's actions are called. Note, however, that xxx1 does not explicitly use Group Conditions in its IF clause. If I remove the Group Conditions, or I change them so that they are satisfied, then xxx1's actions are executed. If I move event xxx0 and xxx1 to another group that doesn't have Group Conditions, they run just fine.

Am I missing something in how Group Conditions behave? Or is this behavior new in 345?

Originally posted by randman View Post
                              I'm having a strange problem. Below are 2 events. Event xxx0 calls event xxx1.

When I click on the ">" icon of event xxx0 (the blue icon to run it), while my Ceiling Light is On, the action of event xxx1 is never called.

The HomeSeer log file says (in reverse chronological order):

May-04 4:42:09 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Security System xxx1
                              May-04 4:42:09 PM Event Event Trigger "Security System xxx0"
                              May-04 4:42:09 PM Event Event Security System xxx0 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

My Ceiling Light is definitely on (confirmed that HomeSeer has the correct status).

Am I doing something wrong or something to do with event changes in 435?

Thanks.

Comment

I started seeing this error about the same time each day:

May-04 14:42:33 Warning Update is not configured properly in updater.txt file, missing interface name.

Is anyone else seeing it in the log?

Does someone know if there is a fix?

Michael
                                HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                                Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                                BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X