Danalock V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danalock V3

I came across this interesting retrofit: https://www.danalock.com/. It is in version 3. I see that there have been a few posts here from a couple of years ago on earlier versions. V3 comes in Z-wave plus and currently can only be purchased directly from the company in Denmark. They sell a US version for Z-wave. I would be interested to know if anyone is currently using a Danalock with HS3 and how it works.
    Thanks,

Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

acording what I see on an other site it is not sure it be hs3 compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
      I came across this interesting retrofit: https://www.danalock.com/. It is in version 3. I see that there have been a few posts here from a couple of years ago on earlier versions. V3 comes in Z-wave plus and currently can only be purchased directly from the company in Denmark. They sell a US version for Z-wave. I would be interested to know if anyone is currently using a Danalock with HS3 and how it works.

Thanks,

Elliott

Ive been using this for about 6 months with homeseer, Eu z wave. It is workong well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ajf View Post
        Ive been using this for about 6 months with homeseer, Eu z wave. It is workong well.
        Thank you.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

I have a V2, works perfectly, and support from Danalock was excellent.

Comment

V3 here , working perfectly for a year now

Comment

Do you get status feedback if you unlock/lock with key?

Comment

Originally posted by Elmstrom View Post

No you dont:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Elmstrom View Post
                  Yes

Notification, Event: Manual Lock Operation
                  Device: Z-Wave Hall Access Control Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control
                  Device: Z-Wave Hall Door Lock Set to Locked

Comment

That is great, i must try one at some point then

For me feedback from the lock is the most importend thing, its not really smart if it does not know its own state.

Comment

HI all,

I 've just bought and installed a Danalock v3...

I have two main issues, sometimes the inclusion fails, mentioning something about authentication/security and suggesting to try again.
                      Only once I managed to include it fine but when I tried to lock/unlock I only got:

Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 5 Z-Wave Door Lock

I'm using Z-net v.1.0.22
                      Tried the last stable plugin as well as the beta and the "S2" version... no luck.

Any clue of what's wrong???

Comment

Originally posted by doppiaemme View Post
                        HI all,

I 've just bought and installed a Danalock v3...

I have two main issues, sometimes the inclusion fails, mentioning something about authentication/security and suggesting to try again.
                        Only once I managed to include it fine but when I tried to lock/unlock I only got:

Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 5 Z-Wave Door Lock

I'm using Z-net v.1.0.22
                        Tried the last stable plugin as well as the beta and the "S2" version... no luck.

Any clue of what's wrong???

Ok, found the solution....

first the inclusion is very sensitive to range. I had to move the lock next to the controller and it worked....
                        Secondly, the S2 version of the plugin requests a "DSK" key which is written no-where on the Danalock.
                        I switched to the "non-S2" version of the plugin and it works fine.
                        Actually I just sent an email to Danalock asking about S2 as they say they support it.

by the way, the range with only the lock and the controller is very poor!

Comment

Originally posted by rmohsen View Post
                          V3 here , working perfectly for a year now
                          What is battery life like with this lock? Thanks. Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

What is battery life like with this lock? Thanks. Elliott
                            Around 3 months of heavy use , i have my lock set to auto lock/ auto unlock via geofence and to auto lock after 2 mins

Comment

Originally posted by rmohsen View Post

Around 3 months of heavy use , i have my lock set to auto lock/ auto unlock via geofence and to auto lock after 2 mins
                              Thanks. However, far less than advertised. Elliott

Comment

Working...
                              X