No announcement yet.

Neato plugin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent question! Note that the available options depend on the capability of your robot:

- Modifier: The cleaning frequency, Normal or Double. Currently only used for SpotCleaning.
    - Mode: Eco (quieter, longer cleaning run) or Turbo (super powered cleaning with maximum pickup)
    - NavigationMode: Normal, Extra care (gentle navigation) or Deep.

Extra care: https://support.neatorobotics.com/hc...re-Navigation-

I couldn't find any documentation on Deep, but based on a test, it will take a lot longer to clean. Note that Deep also requires Turbo Mode. I believe that Deep is currently only available on a D7.
    stefxx

Comment

Errors in log

I am seeing this error in my log about once a minute:

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">May-24 22:50:45 </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"></td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Neato </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Failed to send : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. </td></tr></tbody></table>

Robot status device is showing offline, and its not reacting to commands.

Just seen even the app is saying robot not connected. I guess I have to set up wifi again on teh app and robot and relink it to my wifi. Strange.

Comment

404 (in this case) means connection errors between robot and the Neato cloud. The app is (much) more forgiving on connection errors, so in the next release (currently in test) I'll try to be more forgiving on connection errors as well. If you see the error every now and then, don't worry. If you see it frequently, you should definitely check your WiFi and/or relocate the base station. Not sure if (re)setting the Neato WiFi helps, but if it does let me know.
        stefxx

Comment

A robot reboot fixed it all. Probably like any PC, just needs the occasional reboot.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back. What is the best way to reboot a Neato Botvac?
            stefxx

Comment

Never mind, I found it:

https://support.neatorobotics.com/hc...nnected-robot-

https://support.neatorobotics.com/hc...-D7-Connected-
              stefxx

Comment

Stefxx.. I know that this is a rather old thread but I'm also getting the "Cannot reach the robot: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found" error. Rebooting the vacuum has no affect. The only solution would be for me to "delete all neato devices" from the app but if I do that then I have to reconstruct all of my events because the reference IDs will change. Is there an alternative option?

Comment

Do you have a problem with the Neato mobile app controlling the robot? Because this error suggests an issue between the Neato API servers and the Robot.

"Delete all Neato devices" will most likely NOT fix this issue. But if you like to try, simply make a full backup of your HS3 environment (or just the homeseer database should probably be enough) and try it. It it doesn't help, restore.
                  stefxx

Comment

No I don't have an issue with the Neato app. I can tell you that deleting all Neato devices WILL fix the issue. (I've done it and tested it) but restored it from Homeseer from backup. As I said, deleting all Neato devices will change all of the reference IDs from your app which means that I need to re-add everything in the Event section.

Comment

I should also mention that there is more than one vacuum listed in the Neato app robots section. They are both the same unit however one is the name I named my unit. The other's name is simply "Neato" Don't know if that is a mitigating factor.

Comment

Yes, having two similar devices detected in the robots section is a clear indication that something is wrong (assuming you only own 1 robot, and on the Neato website only 1 is registered off course). Not sure how to continue, but I like to understand how this happened.

I'll send you a PM with more info.
                        stefxx

Comment

Very good. Thank you.

Comment

Just to clarify the issue rotunnoe was experiencing: It turned out that after re-registering the robot in the mobile app, a new secret key is being generated. The plugin insisted on used the old key, hence the problems communicating to the robot.

The latest version of the plugin now checks if the secret key has been update on every start. Also, a new feature to refresh devices (on the config pages) will update the secret key if necessary, without restarting the plugin.
                            stefxx

Comment

Working...
                            X