Coming Soon: Life360 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    Thanks for trying. I have not tested this with Linux yet and I don't have a test box (at the moment). I do plan on eventually getting this to run on linux though.

What version of the plugin are you using?
    Hi

I was using 0.0.2.16. Will try with the latest one aswell.

Comment

Hi

Tried today with 0.0.2.59 and it works on linux. Only one issue found, you are not consistent with the path naming to the images.

Most refer to the folder life360, however that folder does not exist, only Life360. Linux is capital sensitive. I renamed the folder to life360 and changed the reference to the "Main Device" to also look in this path. The rest are now correct.

Regards,
      Christian

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
        Hi

Tried today with 0.0.2.59 and it works on linux. Only one issue found, you are not consistent with the path naming to the images.

Most refer to the folder life360, however that folder does not exist, only Life360. Linux is capital sensitive. I renamed the folder to life360 and changed the reference to the "Main Device" to also look in this path. The rest are now correct.

Regards,
        Christian
        Yes Linux is case sensitive and I wasn't really thinking about it while I'm doing the initial development, but that is an oversight on my part!... Bad John Bad...

Question: On Linux is the Config directory capital C or lowercase?
        I'll go through all the paths and fix them all. I prefer lower case (more linux native) so I'll update everything to be Linux friendly. I still need to get a Linux box setup for testing. I need to get my HS3 install moved to a dedicated system so I can just run a bunch of VM's on my dev box.

Comment

Hi

Config is with capital C.

Also noticed that in your zip file it created a life360 folder, however this folder is empty. But I guess your script generated the other Life360 folder located in the Config folder.

Also, the bin folder is no capital letters.

On another note, my device info is updating correctly, however my wife (who is in my circle) is stuck on Offline and no info has been received from her phone. I can see in the app that her location is updating correctly. Is there any other configurations that needs to be done for her info to update aswell?

Regards,
          Christian

Comment

Hi

Config is with capital C.

Also noticed that in your zip file it created a life360 folder, however this folder is empty. But I guess your script generated the other Life360 folder located in the Config folder.

Also, the bin folder is no capital letters.

On another note, my device info is updating correctly, however my wife (who is in my circle) is stuck on Offline and no info has been received from her phone. I can see in the app that her location is updating correctly. Is there any other configurations that needs to be done for her info to update aswell?

Regards,
            Christian
            1. Updated the C to be lower case. Thanks for the input

2. The config/life360 was a leftover from my testing. I've removed it from the zip file

3. On first load it may take 1 or 2 updates (usually one) before things are showing correctly. However if your wife continues to be marked offline that means there's something wrong. It could be Life360 issue or plugin. While doing some work on it yesterday I did notice a couple of my family members were showing offline when they weren't as well. I also found a Life360 "bug" where they don't accurately mark a user as offline if they shutdown the app on their phone. It actually never reports anything from the Life360 side that the app is disconnected.

One thing you can try is if that device doesn't update you can delete the device and child devices and then in the plugin config page click the create devices button again and it will re-create the missing device. It may have gotten messed up on initial create.

Comment

1. Updated the C to be lower case. Thanks for the input

2. The config/life360 was a leftover from my testing. I've removed it from the zip file

3. On first load it may take 1 or 2 updates (usually one) before things are showing correctly. However if your wife continues to be marked offline that means there's something wrong. It could be Life360 issue or plugin. While doing some work on it yesterday I did notice a couple of my family members were showing offline when they weren't as well. I also found a Life360 "bug" where they don't accurately mark a user as offline if they shutdown the app on their phone. It actually never reports anything from the Life360 side that the app is disconnected.

One thing you can try is if that device doesn't update you can delete the device and child devices and then in the plugin config page click the create devices button again and it will re-create the missing device. It may have gotten messed up on initial create.
              Tried recreating the devices without luck. I will have a look at my wife's phone later today. I bet she hasn't opened the app in a really long time. But I guess as long as it is updating on Life360 web page an in my app it should also update in your plugin?

Comment

Here's an update that should fix things for Linux. If you don't mind please test/validate and if it all works I'll do a release.
                Last edited by simplextech; June 22, 2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Tried recreating the devices without luck. I will have a look at my wife's phone later today. I bet she hasn't opened the app in a really long time. But I guess as long as it is updating on Life360 web page an in my app it should also update in your plugin?
                  Can you send a screenshot? Is it only the root icon showing offline or all of them?

Comment

No status updates. Tried clicking Online, however it popped back after a minute.

Have attached picture from HS.

Christian
                    Attached Files

Comment

No status updates. Tried clicking Online, however it popped back after a minute.

Have attached picture from HS.

Christian
                      When you see updates from your phone or from the web site are they location updates? That's basically all you get from either one except for battery alerts. If you're getting updates then the phone is active but not updating..??? Can you enable debug log in the plugin config and see if you see anything strange, there should be logs for every update of each device and child.

Comment

When you see updates from your phone or from the web site are they location updates? That's basically all you get from either one except for battery alerts. If you're getting updates then the phone is active but not updating..??? Can you enable debug log in the plugin config and see if you see anything strange, there should be logs for every update of each device and child.
                        Never mind, now it updated the location. Guess it just had to get back to a known location. She was away until now.

Comment

Never mind, now it updated the location. Guess it just had to get back to a known location. She was away until now.
                          Still that is very odd. The other child devices should have updated and the location should have updated with the address of her location if it was not a "known Place". But you say when she got home it updated? Tells me that Wifi is working but cell data is not.

Comment

Still that is very odd. The other child devices should have updated and the location should have updated with the address of her location if it was not a "known Place". But you say when she got home it updated? Tells me that Wifi is working but cell data is not.
                            Hmm, so it should display address if it was an unknown location. Cell data is working, as her location is updating in my app.

Comment

Hmm, so it should display address if it was an unknown location. Cell data is working, as her location is updating in my app.
                              Yes it should have updated location with current address information and all of the child devices should have been updated if her phone was communicating with the Life360 servers.

If you don't mind keep on eye on her phone or maybe reboot it. I had to do that with my wife's phone yesterday because it wasn't updating either of the geo apps I use.

Comment

Here's a screenshot showing what it will show if it's an unknown place.

Comment

Working...
                                X