No announcement yet.

Coming Soon: Life360 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found a problem that I am not sure if it is a selection not made in the app or it is in the plugin.

I am the admin and I have my wife as a member in the circle. Both phones have everything set the same in the app. When we travel together and leave the home zone my phone alerts with a tone saying she has left the zone but her phone never sounds anything to say I have left the zone. This is true for when we come back home also.

Is it a setting in a phone or something in the plugin not reading a member correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      I have found a problem that I am not sure if it is a selection not made in the app or it is in the plugin.

I am the admin and I have my wife as a member in the circle. Both phones have everything set the same in the app. When we travel together and leave the home zone my phone alerts with a tone saying she has left the zone but her phone never sounds anything to say I have left the zone. This is true for when we come back home also.

Is it a setting in a phone or something in the plugin not reading a member correctly?
      This is a Life360 thing and it gets REALLY ANNOYING FAST!!!

You are the lucky Admin so you get notifications and sounds for EVERYTHING!!!! congrats!

If you go into the app/web and make your wife an admin she will too! If you want to be mean

Ok open the app and go into settings and then notifications. Adjust as you want.

Again this is all a Life360 thing and not my doing

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
        This is a Life360 thing and it gets REALLY ANNOYING FAST!!!

You are the lucky Admin so you get notifications and sounds for EVERYTHING!!!! congrats!

If you go into the app/web and make your wife an admin she will too! If you want to be mean

Ok open the app and go into settings and then notifications. Adjust as you want.

Again this is all a Life360 thing and not my doing

I have already tried putting her as admin too but it did not change anything, it still doesn't report an alert.

Comment

I have already tried putting her as admin too but it did not change anything, it still doesn't report an alert.
          It took a bit before my wife started complaining to me about the alerts. So I don't know if it's instant or if it takes Life360 systems some time or not. I got tired of the alerts and turned all of the off that I could find.

Comment

It took a bit before my wife started complaining to me about the alerts. So I don't know if it's instant or if it takes Life360 systems some time or not. I got tired of the alerts and turned all of the off that I could find.

I sent a message to the author about it. I may just shut them off also.

Comment

I sent a message to the author about it. I may just shut them off also.
              You've said "the author" a couple of times. Who are you referring to? The Company Life360 and their app or are you using some other app for Life360? I have submitted requests to Life360 a few times and I only get back cookie-cutter responses that someone will be in touch and then nothing.

Comment

You've said "the author" a couple of times. Who are you referring to? The Company Life360 and their app or are you using some other app for Life360? I have submitted requests to Life360 a few times and I only get back cookie-cutter responses that someone will be in touch and then nothing.

I don't know what to call him. He is like a communicator to the creator of the app. It is just a name. I am using the same app you are using. Life360. I responded to this guy through the app. I will let you know if I hear from him.

Comment

I don't know what to call him. He is like a communicator to the creator of the app. It is just a name. I am using the same app you are using. Life360. I responded to this guy through the app. I will let you know if I hear from him.
                  Through the app? There's a support or feedback option? I never looked.

Comment

Through the app? There's a support or feedback option? I never looked.

I selected the 3 little bars top left of app screen. Selected FAQ's and in the upper right next to the search icon is another icon that looks like a text entry box or something. That is where I typed in what I was wanting to know. He answered back through that.

Comment

I selected the 3 little bars top left of app screen. Selected FAQ's and in the upper right next to the search icon is another icon that looks like a text entry box or something. That is where I typed in what I was wanting to know. He answered back through that.
                      Interesting. I don't have an entry box next to the search Icon in my app. I'm running Android on a Galaxy S6 Active. What are you running?

Comment

Interesting. I don't have an entry box next to the search Icon in my app. I'm running Android on a Galaxy S6 Active. What are you running?

Android 7.0 on a Galaxy J3. In settings at the bottom the app says it is version 16.1.0 build 175440

Comment

Android 7.0 on a Galaxy J3. In settings at the bottom the app says it is version 16.1.0 build 175440
                          Same version as I have. I wonder if it's a during "business hours" thing. I'll check again sometime during the week when I'm not busy with work stuff.

Comment

Same version as I have. I wonder if it's a during "business hours" thing. I'll check again sometime during the week when I'm not busy with work stuff.

Mine is working right now. App says to contact him at feedback@life360.com as an alternative.

Comment

In migrating my system to Linux I've found an issue with the plugin. If anyone else is running Linux please check the "Update Places" with debug turned on. I'm getting a postback error and it's not updating places at all. Not even for creating new devices. So far I think this is only on Linux. I'll try to look into it today as time permits.

Comment

It appears that after you select FAQ's there is a list of things to choose from. If you choose one of the subjects and then one of the questions under a category, at the top, that closely resembles whatever you have questions about THEN you get the text box icon to start a conversation. Let me know if that works.

Comment

Working...
                                X