Status Tracking not Updating after External App Jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Tracking not Updating after External App Jump

After jumping to another application and returning to HS3Touch, my status tracking no longer updates. It isn't specific to any one plugin (I get this issue for various elements which are status tracked... lights, Sonos, Amplifier, Etc).

Android Client = 1.0.160
    Designer = 3.0.48
    HSTouch Server = 3.0.0.104

It doesn't matter what application it is or how you initiate that application. It even shows this behavior if I simply press the home button on my Android tablet and then re-open the HSTouch Client which is still running in the background). Example...

I press a button on my main HS Touch screen which initiates an Action to jump to an external application (e.g. Sonos). Upon returning to HSTouch Client (which is still on the same screen I clicked the button from), nothing on the screen Status Updates anymore. Not only is the Sonos song/status still showing the previous/incorrect value but other statuses unrelated to Sonos also no longer update (for example, I display the volume level of my amplifier on this screen... the buttons to increase/decrease the volume work just fine but the value (text box) which is being status tracked doesn't update. I also have an image which shows if the power to a certain audio zone is on/off... that also no longer status tracks properly).

If I go to a different screen and then return to this screen (all my screens are set to "Show screen by itself" so it completely redraws the screen), the problem is resolved. But, in terms of the WAF that is not fool proof enough for her to accept this setup.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this? I'm OK with a backend "Workaround" provided it is seamless to the end user (i.e. my wife). She just wants the screen to be accurate without having to click to another screen and return (or having to hit a "Refresh" button on the screen).

In another thread (related to the legacy HSTouch) mentioned having the screen re-display itself after a button press but since I am returning to HSTouch from another application, there isn't a button press to trigger that solution.
    Last edited by ramshaklez; May 26, 2018, 11:41 AM.
Working...
X