Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature Requests - MeiKu (Roku Monitor and Control)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests - MeiKu (Roku Monitor and Control)

Please use this thread for requesting features for the MeiKu Roku monitor and control plugin.

Linux?

Is this available on a Linux system? If so I cant find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Igorski88 View Post
      Is this available on a Linux system? If so I cant find it?
      I currently don't have a way to test it on Linux. I could send you a copy and you could try it, though if you want. IF it works I will adjust the uploader file so that it shows up in the homeseer plugin manager.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        I currently don't have a way to test it on Linux. I could send you a copy and you could try it, though if you want. IF it works I will adjust the uploader file so that it shows up in the homeseer plugin manager.
        Yes I'm willing to give it a try I have tested other plug-ins for Linux before.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Would love to be able to turn on and off the TV and control volume

(I have a TV with Roku Natively built-in) and have been looking for a way to control this with homeseer. Being able to turn on and off the TV and control it over the web would be groundbreaking because this could be controlled via google home and ifttt to simulate the advantages of the google chromecast

Feature Requests:
          Turn on/Off TV
          Ability to Set volume to a value
          Ability to Move volume up and down by user defined increments
          Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by CameronHilliard View Post
            (I have a TV with Roku Natively built-in) and have been looking for a way to control this with homeseer. Being able to turn on and off the TV and control it over the web would be groundbreaking because this could be controlled via google home and ifttt to simulate the advantages of the google chromecast

Feature Requests:
            Turn on/Off TV
            Ability to Set volume to a value
            Ability to Move volume up and down by user defined increments
            Thoughts?
            I posted about this a while back. He's looking to add support soonish.
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190308

Quote:
            Right now it will give basic roku control. My mom has a Roku TV so I can add the controls specific to the RokuTVs. We have my daughter's baby shower this weekend, so if you give me a week and a half I'll try and get it added.

If you want to wait to start the trial until then, you don't have to waste any of the 30 days waiting on me.

Another option is that I could try and do it blind based off the API information and you could test it while on your trial, but that would be a lot of back and forth and most of my development time is after the kids go to sleep
            Actually I posted about it in early August so maybe something soon. I've got four days left on the trial.

Comment

Hopefully it'll include channel control as well but I doubt it. If your's is like mine (one of the TCL TVs) then even the Roku remote won't control channel changing via number input. The current firmware on the TVs does not accept it. I've tried using my Global Cache and been through all of the TCL documentation online.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I just started my trial, and would not mind assisting with testing if your trial is up. I have 2 insignia and 1 sharp roku tvs, so I could assist testing on two tvs to make sure the commands work on both.

Sirmeili let me know if you need me to assist in testing. I have subscribed to the thread for quick reply.

As far as the input, I don't use mine for cable only netflix and a handful of other apps, so I am not too concerned with channel input, but I agree with your statement, it doesnt seem to be a command even possible on the roku remote.

Comment

Linux Support

Did you ever get any feedback from Igorski88 on Linux compatability?

Just got a TCL 55"

If not, can I assist in getting it checked and/or working?

Comment

Originally posted by DruidFyr View Post
                    Did you ever get any feedback from Igorski88 on Linux compatability?

Just got a TCL 55"

If not, can I assist in getting it checked and/or working?
                    I will PM you my email address so you can email me and I can email you a manual install to test
                    Last edited by sirmeili; December 4, 2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I would also like to test Linux version please!!

Comment

Originally posted by bbuck2002 View Post
                        I would also like to test Linux version please!!
                        I have one user trying it out. If it works I will adjust the updater file so that it shows up for linux. If not, I will contact you to add another person to test it out so that maybe it can happen quicker. I'm hopeful that it will "just work" the first time

Comment

ROKU Keyboard function

First, I am using the most current release and it provides a lot of functionality to control my Roku Ultra as part of my overall home theater system. Thank you.

I am looking for a way to improve search functionality. For example, the Roku app I have downloaded to my Android phone has a keyboard capability to enhance search functions. Is there a way to implement this via the Meiku plugin and HS Touch?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by morrisdlx View Post
                            First, I am using the most current release and it provides a lot of functionality to control my Roku Ultra as part of my overall home theater system. Thank you.

I am looking for a way to improve search functionality. For example, the Roku app I have downloaded to my Android phone has a keyboard capability to enhance search functions. Is there a way to implement this via the Meiku plugin and HS Touch?

Thanks
                            I"m not overly familiar with HSTouch, but I don't see why this wouldn't be possible. I already have an event action for sending text to the Roku, I could make that available as a scripting call as well. I'm pretty sure you could utilize the scripting call somehow from within HSTouch. I do have a license for HSTouch, so I will see if I can test some scenarios locally.

Comment

Originally posted by morrisdlx View Post

Thanks
                              I have released a version with a script function you should be able to utilize (See this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...53#post1344053). From my understanding you can call a script from HSTouch, so my "guess" would be to have a text box in HSTouch and you enter text in it, then click a button and it sends that text to a script in HomeSeer which you can utilize the new scripting function.

I haven't had time to try and test this out, but I will if I can find time this weekend. If you post in the HSTouch subforum, there may be some users who can offer better help.

Comment

Working...
                              X