This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Antonio
    Any news on the progress of getting the app submitted to app store?
    /Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
      Not much yet, cleaning up the project so it can be submitted to the store has been taking me a little longer than expected

Thankfully there were a few people who reached out with UDIDs from old phones no longer in use, which gave me a little room to take in a few more users meanwhile.
      Well, if you have one laying around.....can ya hit me with it?

Comment

HSBuddy on the iOS app store

After a long time, it's finally there:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hsbuddy/id1317682478

I will continue to post the latest builds to HockeyApp first, but I will try to update the version in the app store regularly. The versions in HockeyApp will now display the name "HSBuddyBeta". That way, if you happen to have both versions installed, you will be able to differentiate between the 2.

If you are using push notifications with a target of "All Devices", those should continue to work if you switch to the new app. Any push notifications that were targeted to a particular phone will need to be updated, as the new app will appear as a new device connected to your HS3 server.

Thanks to everyone who pushed me to get it done

PS. Sending feedback from the app still works. I look forward to your reports of anything that doesn't look right, as they help me prioritize what to do with the limited time I have available to spend on this project

Comment

Installed last night from the App Store to my iPhone and iPad. Looks great so far. Thanks so much for this!

Comment

After a long time, it's finally there:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hsbuddy/id1317682478
            :-)

Comment

App store version...cannot connect when "Use secure connections" is checked

I'm running nginx reverse proxy for HTTPS on my Windows HomeSeer box and the "Use secure connections" option in HSBuddy was working fine on the old HockeyApp version. But when I switched to the App Store version, I'm unable to connect with "Use secure connections" checked. It does connect if I change to the HTTP port and uncheck the secure connection box.

Did anything change regarding this issue in the new App Store app? Can anyone confirm they are able to connect with the "Use secure connection" option in the App Store version?

Edit:

I am using a self-signed certificate, so that could be a factor. But it was working fine with the self-signed cert on the HockeyApp version.
              Last edited by teladog01; December 5, 2017, 04:41 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                I'm running nginx reverse proxy for HTTPS on my Windows HomeSeer box and the "Use secure connections" option in HSBuddy was working fine on the old HockeyApp version. But when I switched to the App Store version, I'm unable to connect with "Use secure connections" checked. It does connect if I change to the HTTP port and uncheck the secure connection box.

Did anything change regarding this issue in the new App Store app? Can anyone confirm they are able to connect with the "Use secure connection" option in the App Store version?

Edit:

I am using a self-signed certificate, so that could be a factor. But it was working fine with the self-signed cert on the HockeyApp version.
                Unfortunately I had to remove that functionality from the version in the app store because it relied on an API that wasn't approved by Apple in their store btw, that's the only difference between the app store and HockeyApp versions.

In case it helps, I'm running the same setup (nginx proxy) with a certificate I got for $10/yr from namecheap.com

If you decide to go back to the HockeyApp version and need additional UDIDs authorized send me a PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I had to remove that functionality from the version in the app store because it relied on an API that wasn't approved by Apple in their store btw, that's the only difference between the app store and HockeyApp versions.

In case it helps, I'm running the same setup (nginx proxy) with a certificate I got for $10/yr from namecheap.com

If you decide to go back to the HockeyApp version and need additional UDIDs authorized send me a PM.
                  Thanks for confirming it was the cert. I setup a trusted cert last night using letsencrypt and now it's working again.

Comment

Error on plugin initialization

I'm getting this when I enable the plugin:

Dec-12 7:39:14 PM Info Plugin HSBuddy with instance: has disconnected
                    Dec-12 7:39:09 PM Error Initializing plug-in(1): HSBuddy Instance::System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SQLite.SQLiteConnection' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: e_sqlite3 at (wrapper managed-to-native) SQLitePCL.SQLite3Provider_e_sqlite3+NativeMethods:sqlite3_li bversion_number () at SQLitePCL.SQLite3Provider_e_sqlite3.SQLitePCL.ISQLite3Provid er.sqlite3_libversion_number () [0x00000] in :0 at SQLitePCL.raw.SetProvider (SQLitePCL.ISQLite3Provider imp) [0x00008] in <1087f93847e244b6a7258d70cb1cb617>:0 at SQLitePCL.Batteries_V2.Init () [0x00005] in <9f3b9cff430a4862bf8d33c2fed62fec>:0 at SQLite.SQLiteConnection..cctor () [0x00000] in <49ac49cfb94341128f6929b3ff2090ee>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_generic_class_init (intptr) at HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database..ctor () [0x0003b] in <130eda08607345c4ac9bf89cd5feb20e>:0 at HSPI_HSBuddy.Server..ctor () [0x00006] in <130eda08607345c4ac9bf89cd5feb20e>:0 at HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI.InitIO (System.String port) [0x00011] in <130eda08607345c4ac9bf89cd5feb20e>:0
                    Dec-12 7:39:09 PM Info Plugin HSBuddy has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:40536

I'm on Linux. Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.
                    Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.6 (tarball Wed Nov 8 21:20:16 UTC 2017)

Current Date/Time: 12/12/2017 7:43:06 PM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.387
                    Linux version: Linux rock64 4.4.77-rockchip-ayufan-118 #1 SMP Thu Sep 14 21:59:24 UTC 2017 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 22 Hours 4 Minutes 34 Seconds
                    IP Address:
                    Number of Devices: 350
                    Number of Events: 189
                    Available Threads: 398
                    HSTouch Enabled: False
                    Event Threads: 0
                    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                    Device Exec Queue: 0
                    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                    Email Send Queue: 0
                    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.38.0: BLLAN
                    2.0.93.0: BLRF
                    2.0.71.0: BLSpeech
                    1.2.2.0: Device History
                    3.5.1118.14: HSBuddy
                    2.0.1.6: JowiHue
                    3.0.1.90: PHLocation
                    3.0.4.9: SDJ-Health
                    3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
                    3.0.1.165: Z-Wave

Comment

Any tips for push messages in ios?

I'm really liking this app!

I have setup a few push messages but I'm not having any luck.

I have notifications enabled for the app on my iphone.

I also checked the hsbuddy plugin and the client info appears correct.

My server log shows "push notification successfully sent to 0 devices"

Thanks

Comment

I am loving this app.

Couple things I have question on now.

HS just implemented new SSL (beta .399 version) that uses the current .Net SSL so it is current security. No more need for the ouside SSL or to VPN to the system. It is working great and I have both local and external SSL setup on the web server so I can use buddy outside and it works with SSL. Ultimate goal is to turn off port 80 and I do not use MyHS.

So, now that it is working, my question is around the new Local Connection that was just introduced. It is working great when the port is 80, but if I try to set it to 443, it cannot connect to hs3 and the following debug is in the log:

Dec-31 18:17:36 HSBuddy Inserting device change: 962, , 1385
                        Dec-31 18:17:35 Error Authenticating SSL stream: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
                        Dec-31 18:17:35 Error Authenticating SSL stream: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
                        Dec-31 18:17:28 HSBuddy Inserting device change: 317, , 14.99
                        Dec-31 18:17:28 HSBuddy Observed client "Pixel XL" with UUID: 25aab713065c0b18

What needs to happen to get the local fixed so it is SSL?

Thanks,

Michael
                        HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                        Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                        BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Plugin missing

Hi Antonio,
                          I've been looking for your plugin in:
                          Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.

But, couldn't find it
                          Where else can I look for??
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mhbsoft View Post
                            Hi Antonio,
                            I've been looking for your plugin in:
                            Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.

But, couldn't find it
                            Where else can I look for??
                            Thanks
                            Hello,

The plug-in should now appear under the User Interfaces section instead of BETA.

Thanks!
                            Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                              I am loving this app.

Couple things I have question on now.

HS just implemented new SSL (beta .399 version) that uses the current .Net SSL so it is current security. No more need for the ouside SSL or to VPN to the system. It is working great and I have both local and external SSL setup on the web server so I can use buddy outside and it works with SSL. Ultimate goal is to turn off port 80 and I do not use MyHS.

So, now that it is working, my question is around the new Local Connection that was just introduced. It is working great when the port is 80, but if I try to set it to 443, it cannot connect to hs3 and the following debug is in the log:

Dec-31 18:17:36 HSBuddy Inserting device change: 962, , 1385
                              Dec-31 18:17:28 HSBuddy Inserting device change: 317, , 14.99
                              Dec-31 18:17:28 HSBuddy Observed client "Pixel XL" with UUID: 25aab713065c0b18

What needs to happen to get the local fixed so it is SSL?

Thanks,

Michael
                              Hi,

I have not tried the beta that has this new SSL support - I will check it out in the next few days and see if I get the same issue.

Could you let me know which version of HSBuddy are you using? Is it iPhone or Android, and did you get it from HockeyApp or from the app store? Also, does the identity in the SSL certificate match the address of the server?

Since you mentioned that you are using this to connect locally, I'm suspecting it fails because the identity in the certificate does not match the server address. You would have to enable the option to "Allow invalid certificates" in the app, which is only available in HockeyApp.

Thanks,
                              Antonio

Comment

HSBuddy Notifications

I am having this same issue. Notifications say sent to 0 devices even though i have two devices listed in clients list with green check marks for notifications. Is this functionality broken?

Originally posted by wb-avl View Post
                                I'm really liking this app!

I have setup a few push messages but I'm not having any luck.

I have notifications enabled for the app on my iphone.

I also checked the hsbuddy plugin and the client info appears correct.

My server log shows "push notification successfully sent to 0 devices"

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X