Ds10a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ds10a

Has anybody use door/window sensors to prevent hvac system from turning on when a door or window is open. did a search but did not come up with anything.

I haven't done this but that's an excellent idea. It shouldn't be too hard to add a condition that would send an AC off if the DS10A is on/alert.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      I haven't done this but that's an excellent idea. It shouldn't be too hard to add a condition that would send an AC off if the DS10A is on/alert.
      I agree with Rupp, it is a great idea. Although I am not doing it, I thought about doing it when I was installing DS10s on some of my windows. I ended up using the DS10A to remind me to close the window if it was open and the air conditioner was ON. I also have it set to remind me if the window is open during the night incase it rains and for security purposes. It will also remind me to close the window before the security sysytem can be armed.

I chose this route because I wanted to know if the window was open for a variety of reasons, not just because the air conditioning was ON.

Also, I do not have DS10 sensors on all the windows; only the ones that are likely to get rain and those that are at ground level and pose a security risk.

Also I do not have a good way to turn off my central air via x10. I am currently investigating using the circuit for the "overflow safety switch" on the condensate pump, as a way to shut off the central air.

Knowing if the air conditioner is ON is also important. I am able to do this with a temperature sensor afixed to the main plenum of the furnace. Homeseer then compares the plenum temperature with the room temperature. If the plenum temp is 3-4 degrees lower than room temperature, It knows the air conditioner is ON. I then use a counter to count how often this occurs. This also tells me how many times the air conditioner runs each day.

Lots of possibilities!

Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
      X