Which screen interface to choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which screen interface to choose?

There's a lot of interface packages in the forums here. And there is HSTouch that seems to be coming out some day.

Is there a favorite?

Has anybody compared features of the solutions?

I am finally getting tired of the web screens in HS. I would really like to find one that shows real time updates and allows some customization of look. I think I still like Fungun's Star Trek look the best.

Jon00's is the newest, then there's MainLobby, Maestro, and Touchpad.

Jon00's is paid but I'm not sure how much.

MainLobby is a paid plugin that requires quite a bit of setup but is highly configurable.

Maestro is a paid plugin and is nearly plugin and play.

Touchpad is free and is only customizable from the aspect of what you can change using a cascading style sheet.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I don't mind paying. It's a matter of getting something useful that will work for a while. I will download the maestro manual and take a read for starters.

You didn't mention HSTouch. Looks like it's something in the works but I couldn't find out much about it.

I would like real time status. I am hoping it's in there somewhere.

Comment

I didn't mention HSTouch because it's not released. I would recommend downloading the Maestro 30 day trial and have a look. It's a nice looking Interface that doesn't take a lot of effort.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I used Maestro and allthough it was nice. I just ripped it out due to the lack of options. I paid close to $200.00 for it with the promise that new features would come about every month and they never did.

So now I am using Jon00's My control and like all of his other plugins it is rock solid. I also do not yet know the price but I am ready to pay for it.

I like a person who gives you what is promised. And his support is A1 and is very helpful.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Check Out xLobby

Aaron has written a great plugin that allows xLobby to become a very customizable front end to Homeseer.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by gelessor; February 24, 2008, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenAcres View Post
              I used Maestro and allthough it was nice. I just ripped it out due to the lack of options. I paid close to $200.00 for it with the promise that new features would come about every month and they never did.

So now I am using Jon00's My control and like all of his other plugins it is rock solid. I also do not yet know the price but I am ready to pay for it.

I like a person who gives you what is promised. And his support is A1 and is very helpful.

Thanks

Thom

Can it report real time?

Can you change screens to your liking?

I will look to see what docs he has.

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
                Aaron has written a great plugin that allows xLobby to become a very customizable front end to Homeseer.
                I hadn't even seen xlobby. Look there too!

That's just it, there's so many choices, it's confusing.

Comment

I use mainlobby, but I'm reluctant to invest more time into it right now while waiting for HSTouch.

I've done a ton with mainlobby, and the fact that's it's a Flash back end for everything is actually frustrating. The screens look good, but it's not quite as intuitive as I'd like. I'll give HSTouch a chance when it's out, and then decided if I should invest my time in making my main lobby screens better, or converting to HSTouch, or a combination of both. With homeseer teasing about products I'm sure we'll still see HSTouch sometime this year although I'd like it sooner, I'd also like it stable and complete.
                  Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
                    Which version of XLobby is that? I have been playing with an older version for a while.

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

NetRemote fan here...

Don't forget NetRemote from Promixis. I haven't found much that I can't do with it. There's also a free plugin to link NR and HS to provide realtime updates in both directions...

K

Comment

xLobby skin shown is actually the "pay version". I have also used a couple skins created for the free version that work equally as well.

Aaron's plugin is what makes it so attractive - it works with both versions. Rock solid.

Comment

hmm i see a trial of xlobby for 45 days but no free version.
                          also says they dont sell a software version only a hardware pkg?

Comment

That's something that they changed a few months back.

They were going to try to appeal to a broader spectrum of installers...not the DIY group.

Oh well...

--Dan
                            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                            X