Polling not resumed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polling not resumed

I'm using HAI plug-in version 1.0.16.0 with Omnistat2s. We experienced a power loss today for a short while, but HS kept running since the server is on a UPS.

When power returned, I noticed that the HAI plug-in was no longer polling the stats every 60 seconds as configured. I suspect it lost comms with the stats, killed its polling loop and then never re-tried.

I was still able to control the stats from the plug-in but any changes made locally at the tstats were not detected by the plug-in (since polling had stopped).

Is there any way to improve the plug-in so that it can recover if/when a T-stat drops out for a while and then returns?

Also, at some point (I know the HST guys are busy with higher priority items) it would be great if the additional Omnistat2 features could be added to the plug-in, e.g., weekly runtime for the past few weeks.

Thanks,
    Don

Nice catch Don.

I also see you found a bug in the RC2000's temperature rounding. There is no reason for the thermostat to round down all the time. Normal math is to round down between x.1 and x.4 and round up for x.5 through x.9.

I'm about to try to connect my RC2000 to HS and ran across your findings.

Find any other bugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spock View Post
      Nice catch Don.

I also see you found a bug in the RC2000's temperature rounding. There is no reason for the thermostat to round down all the time. Normal math is to round down between x.1 and x.4 and round up for x.5 through x.9.

I'm about to try to connect my RC2000 to HS and ran across your findings.

Find any other bugs?
      Hi,

The only "bugs" I've noticed are the temperature rounding problem and this failure to resume polling after a failed comms attempt.

Not all features of the RC2000 are supported in the plug-in, but otherwise my three RC2000s are working well with HomeSeer.

Don

Comment

Working...
      X