This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Not a bad idea, but we would really need to tell them why, and I am not sure you can do that.

We are going to do what we did with IOS and create an HS3Touch app for Android and lock HSTouch. If someone loads HSTouch on HS3 it will tell them to load the HS3Touch version.
    There should be something like this from google/play. Cause i have auto update on apps. but some apps needs special attension for some reason, and approval from me to accept the update.

Contact google and see what they say
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Scratch what I said, I will leave HSTouch as it is, for HS3 and figure out how to notify HS2 users to not update. I don't want to force all our HS3 users to install and configure a new app.

Not a bad idea, but we would really need to tell them why, and I am not sure you can do that.

We are going to do what we did with IOS and create an HS3Touch app for Android and lock HSTouch. If someone loads HSTouch on HS3 it will tell them to load the HS3Touch version.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Scratch what I said, I will leave HSTouch as it is, for HS3 and figure out how to notify HS2 users to not update. I don't want to force all our HS3 users to install and configure a new app.
        Thus causing a huge issue for HS2 users who have to switch off auto update for all apps.

You could actually fix the software I paid for but I guess that's too much to ask.

Comment

Similar problem

I also have noticed that HS touch after the update to 1.0.134 is no longer controlling my HS2 setup (controlling lighting/HVAC/energy) even though it seems to connect to the server OK. However I am also running an HS3 setup on a separate computer (for security system and locks) and it is controlling that setup without any issues. The prior version of HS Touch controlled both. Is there a way to roll it back? Personally I don't have a problem with 2 separate apps for HS2 and HS3 if that's the way you are moving. I may change over to an iphone for other reasons so it may be moot.

Comment

In the play store there is a link to the last ver that works with HS2, here it is:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/hstouch...se_1.0.117.apk

Originally posted by tbever View Post
            I also have noticed that HS touch after the update to 1.0.134 is no longer controlling my HS2 setup (controlling lighting/HVAC/energy) even though it seems to connect to the server OK. However I am also running an HS3 setup on a separate computer (for security system and locks) and it is controlling that setup without any issues. The prior version of HS Touch controlled both. Is there a way to roll it back? Personally I don't have a problem with 2 separate apps for HS2 and HS3 if that's the way you are moving. I may change over to an iphone for other reasons so it may be moot.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks! That fixed it.

Comment

re NJS1964

Actually I agree with NJS: after I rolled back to the prior version of HSTouch it autoupdated to .134 again. I can't turn off autoupdate since I have too many installed apps for that.

Can you just repackage the old version and rename it HSTouch2 or something and stop updates for it? Otherwise HS2 users are left with using the web interface which is difficult on a mobile device.

Comment

Actually I agree with NJS: after I rolled back to the prior version of HSTouch it autoupdated to .134 again. I can't turn off autoupdate since I have too many installed apps for that.

Can you just repackage the old version and rename it HSTouch2 or something and stop updates for it? Otherwise HS2 users are left with using the web interface which is difficult on a mobile device.
                  You can turn off auto update per app so the rest still update. Just stop HSTOUCH updating.
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                    You can turn off auto update per app so the rest still update. Just stop HSTOUCH updating.
                    If you mean clearing the notifications box for the app under settings that doesn't prevent update. The only way I've found is to disable auto update in the Google store settings which applies to all apps which is the pain I mentioned above.

Comment

I mean go to the app store the click on HSTOUCH so you are in the page with open and uninstall. Then in the top right there is 3 little dots. Click them and uncheck the auto update checkbox.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                        I mean go to the app store the click on HSTOUCH so you are in the page with open and uninstall. Then in the top right there is 3 little dots. Click them and uncheck the auto update checkbox.

Didn't know about that option so will give it a go.

Many thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by NJS1964 View Post
                          Didn't know about that option so will give it a go.

Many thanks for the tip.
                          It's OK. I hope it is what you want.

Greig.

Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Got it. I never realized you could disable autoupdate on a per-app basis. I am running HS2 and HS3 on different machines (one phone). It would be nice to be able to run the old version of HS touch for HS2 compatibility along with the newer version which will be updated for HS3. Is there any way to do that?

Comment

When I change a device status (Build 134), the operation works ok but the little arrow next to the current state does not update to reflect the new state. This used to work in earlier versions.

Comment

HSTouch ON/OFF Not working with HS 2

Got it. I never realized you could disable autoupdate on a per-app basis. I am running HS2 and HS3 on different machines (one phone). It would be nice to be able to run the old version of HS touch for HS2 compatibility along with the newer version which will be updated for HS3. Is there any way to do that?
                                I have HS 2 Pro and HS Touch Version 1.0.0.134. The on / off functions to not work. I can dim and bright and run events. These functions used to work. Is v.134 not compatible with HS 2 Pro? If so, I do I go back to a previous version?

Comment

Working...
                                X